JPO, which is better, using (Entity) Transaction or simple jdbc

John_Woo

Hi,

I'm going to design the database access part of a project, and not
supposed to use EJB. Traditoinally we can use DAO, by using EJB 2 or
just simple JDBC with native SQL.

Recently I found JPO (Java persistent object) has introduced widely,
along with SUN's persistent package. JPO basically implemented by
javax.persistence package, namely getting Transaction
to talk to database

I'm wondering, interms of simplicity of coding, possibilities of
allowing multi-transaction/threadings and performance, can any one tell

which is better using (Entity) Transaction or regula JDBC?