JPO, which is better, using (Entity) Transaction or simple jdbc

Discussion in 'Java' started by John_Woo, Nov 17, 2006.

  1. John_Woo

    John_Woo Guest

    Hi,

    I'm going to design the database access part of a project, and not
    supposed to use EJB. Traditoinally we can use DAO, by using EJB 2 or
    just simple JDBC with native SQL.

    Recently I found JPO (Java persistent object) has introduced widely,
    along with SUN's persistent package. JPO basically implemented by
    javax.persistence package, namely getting Transaction
    to talk to database

    I'm wondering, interms of simplicity of coding, possibilities of
    allowing multi-transaction/threadings and performance, can any one tell

    which is better using (Entity) Transaction or regula JDBC?

    --
    Thanks lots

    John
    Toronto