jProductivity protection framework

Discussion in 'Java' started by michael.friderichsen@gmail.com, Dec 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I'm currently working on a project that is protected with
    jProductivity's Protection framework (a licensing system) but I have
    run into some problems.

    I have implemented the Sales control center as a JSP based web
    application, and so far I've been able to create the License based on
    the product storage (embedded in the WAR file as: company.products) and
    the Customer info. But when I try to dilever it to the back-end web
    service using EmailLicensingFacadeDelivery and LocalLicensingFacade
    like so.

    // delivery (url points to the products database)
    LocalLicensingFacade localFacade = new
    LocalLicensingFacade(url.openStream());
    EmailLicensingFAcadeDelivery delivery = new
    EmailLicensingFacadeDelivery();
    delivery.init(localFacade);

    result = delivery.deliver(license, customer);

    But the above call just throws a NullPointerExcepton:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
    com.jp.protection.priv.pro.integration.EmailLicensingFacadeDelivery.sendLicense(EmailLicensingFacadeDelivery.java:160)
    at
    com.jp.protection.priv.pro.integration.EmailLicensingFacadeDelivery.deliver(EmailLicensingFacadeDelivery.java:56)

    I think this is because I need to pass a LicensingFacadeConfig to
    localFacade.
    The problem is that the only function on localFacade that takes a
    LicensingFacadeConfig is localFacade.init(LicensingFacadeConfig config,
    Class aClass)
    But I don't know what to pass as the second argument, and the API
    documentation only tells that is is a base class to load the product
    storage.

    I hope anyone can shed some light on this problem.

    Thank you
    Michael
    , Dec 22, 2006

    > I hope anyone can shed some light on this problem.

    jProductivity probably can. Why not email them?

    You are posting in a general Java group to ask about a problem with a
    proprietry system. Maybe you will get lucky and find someone who has
    used this specific tool, and had this specific problem, but it is
    unlikely.
    , Dec 22, 2006