jpype and zxJDBC

benchline

I would love to be able to use jdbc drivers using the python db 2.0 api
and cpython.

Has anyone used jpype and zxJDBC (distributed with jython) together? I
am trying and what I have tried does not yet work. If I figure
anything out that works I will post it here.

Thanks

benchline

No luck yet with the python db api.

I keep getting this error when trying to create a
com.ziclix.python.sql.PyConnection object:

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/jpype/_jpackage.py", line 53,
in __call__
raise TypeError, "Package "+self.__name+" is not Callable"
TypeError: Package com.ziclix.python.sql.PyConnection is not Callable

But if I use jython on the same machine and create the PyConnection
object (I checked and the jython jar file is loaded fine both times) it
works.

So, I decided to try to see if I could use jdbc from cpython using
jpype and that works great. It's quite a bit faster then using jython
and the db api on the same database my tests too.

Kent Johnson

benchline said:
So, I decided to try to see if I could use jdbc from cpython using
jpype and that works great. It's quite a bit faster then using jython
and the db api on the same database my tests too.

Did you compare jpype/jdbc with jython/jdbc? I wonder if the slowdown
might be in zxJDBC?

Kent