JRE 1.4.1_03, NVIDIA RIVA, Painting Problem

Gavin Andrews

My application uses simple JDialogs which work normally on most
machines however when run on XP Pro with NVIDIA RIVA TNT Model 64 the
TextBoxes don't correctly size (or paint) themselves leading to almost
unusable behaviour
since the Dialog is then not packed correctly.

Has anyone else seen this? I can't seem to find any other references.

Thanks in advance,
Gavin

Thomas Kellerer

Gavin said:
My application uses simple JDialogs which work normally on most
machines however when run on XP Pro with NVIDIA RIVA TNT Model 64 the
TextBoxes don't correctly size (or paint) themselves leading to almost
unusable behaviour
since the Dialog is then not packed correctly.

Has anyone else seen this? I can't seem to find any other references.

Thanks in advance,
Gavin

Did you try to turn off DirectDraw with -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

This normally helps for problems with the video driver

Thomas

Gavin Andrews

I'll try turning off directDraw when I am near the hardware again.

I have one observation...

My Dialog comprises essentially a two column table of labels on the
left and text boxes on the right.

If I pack() then it all draws nicely

If the user resizes the dialog slightly by reducing its width the text
boxes become very narrow with lots of blank space.

This doesn't seem correct!

Wouldn't I expect the text fields to shrink as the dialog narrows? I
have weightX 1.0

Regards,
Gavin