JRE 7: why have snapshot releases stopped?

Mickey Segal

JRE 7 build 24 was released over 3 months ago:
http://download.java.net/jdk7/binaries/. There used to be several releases
a month. Is JRE 7 development on hold or are they going through some
delicate process that requires a pause? I hope they don't think they are
done, because I have 5 active bug reports (www.segal.org/java/sun/) and may
be filing another tomorrow about requestFocus problems in Internet Explorer
8.

Mickey Segal

Mickey Segal said:
JRE 7 build 24 was released over 3 months ago:
http://download.java.net/jdk7/binaries/. There used to be several
releases a month. Is JRE 7 development on hold or are they going through
some delicate process that requires a pause? I hope they don't think they
are done, because I have 5 active bug reports (www.segal.org/java/sun/)
and may be filing another tomorrow about requestFocus problems in Internet
Explorer 8.

http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=35202&tstart=0 suggests
that snapshot releases should start again within a few weeks. It was not
clear to me why they had stopped and whether that was a normal part of the
process or a problem.

BTW, the bug I saw using IE8 seems to be just another instance of a
requestFocus bug that I have already reported:
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6607170. It is getting
confusing having so many bugs not fixed, including the other requestFocus
bug that I reported: http://www.segal.org/java/TextFieldFocus/.

I did file a new bug report on the incorrect Java version reporting:
http://www.segal.org/java/java_version2/.