JRE Problem After Installing .NET Framework

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dogan SOYKAN, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Dogan SOYKAN

    Dogan SOYKAN Guest

    Dear all,

    I just installed .NET Framework 1.1 on a machine that has JRE 1.4.2
    installed. After installing .NET Framework, my java programs stopped
    working. They have no reaction when I double-click on them or try to
    start them in a command prompt. My .NET programs are working well.

    There was no changing after I uninstalled .NET Framework and
    re-installed JRE.

    Then I installed JRE 1.3 and my java programs started working. But I
    should install .NET Framework again because I have some other programs
    that need .NET Framework.

    Anybody encountering the same problem?
    Do you have a solution for this problem?

    Best Regards,
    Dogan SOYKAN
    Dogan SOYKAN, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Dogan SOYKAN

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Dogan SOYKAN wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I just installed .NET Framework 1.1 on a machine that has JRE 1.4.2
    > installed. After installing .NET Framework, my java programs stopped
    > working. They have no reaction when I double-click on them or try to
    > start them in a command prompt. My .NET programs are working well.
    >
    > There was no changing after I uninstalled .NET Framework and
    > re-installed JRE.
    >
    > Then I installed JRE 1.3 and my java programs started working. But I
    > should install .NET Framework again because I have some other programs
    > that need .NET Framework.
    >
    > Anybody encountering the same problem?
    > Do you have a solution for this problem?

    There is a solution to this problem Never install anything from Microsoft.
    This may not be practical for you, but it works. As far as Microsoft is
    concerned, there is only Microsoft, there is nothing else. If another
    program has possession of a file association, it must be a criminal, and
    interloper -- it cannot be a legitimate application. If it were, it would
    have been written by Microsoft. So,. since this is not true, it's OK to
    hijack the association.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com