JRuby T-Shirts for Contributors

Charles Oliver Nutter

Hey, I've managed to get around 100 JRuby shirts printed up for giveaway
at JavaOne and RailsConf. I wouldn't imagine a lot of you will be at
JavaOne, but RailsConf is another matter. But there's a catch: they're
for contributors. As part of our push to 1.0, I wanted to get a bunch of
shirts to show how much we appreciate people helping us eliminate the
last bugs.

So if you've ever considered trying out JRuby and helping to fix bugs,
now's the time. The shirts will be for folks that have provided a patch
or done a whole lot of legwork/research on a given bug. If you want the
goods, you gotta do your part :)

My blog post about it is here:

http://headius.blogspot.com/2007/05/jruby-t-shirt.html

Feel free to email me or the JRuby mailing lists with questions about
how to get started. Half the core team won't be at JavaOne, so there
should still be folks available to answer questions.

- Charlie

Mark Volkmann

[...]

Why does the shirt say "include Java"? Shouldn't it be "require
'java'"? Maybe I'm behind on syntax changes.

Charles Oliver Nutter

Mark said:
Why does the shirt say "include Java"? Shouldn't it be "require 'java'"?
Maybe I'm behind on syntax changes.

It was going to be "require 'java'" up until recentl. "include Java" is
the new way. Java is just an autoloaded module now that pulls in the
'java' library when needed. And I think the imperative phrase "include
Java" fits pretty well.

- Charlie