    I never found debugging or similar functions in any tool

    what do You use to code JS?

    Gordan

    Gordan, Sep 22, 2003

  2. "Gordan" <> writes:

    > I'm just wondering - is there a JS developing tool?
    >
    > I'm using Notepad, IE and a lot of F5 key :))

    > what do You use to code JS?

    Emacs and Opera. I.e., the same method as you. The advantage is that
    Opera gives better error messages than IE (which is really
    uninformative!). Mozilla also gives good error messages.

    I use a Javascript "test bench" for testing ideas before adding them
    to a page. <URL:http://www.infimum.dk/HTML/javascript/jstest6.html>

    If I need to debug, I usually add alerts up to a point, then I start
    the Venkman debugger in Mozilla.

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -