    Let's say I clicked Link B in frame #1, and opened a bunch of submenus
    in the other 3 iFrames.

    The problem is, if I've drilled down that far and then go back to frame
    #1 and click Link A, I still see all the Link B submenu content.

    I added a simple JS button so the user can click and refresh the entire
    page back to nothing, but knowing end-users they don't always work that
    way.

    So....
    How can I make it so if the user clicks Link A or B at any time, it
    both refreshes the entire page (and therefore clears all the content in
    frames #2-4), AND loads the requested document into frame #2?

    Or is there an easier way to do this?

    , May 5, 2006

    bump....no solution to this problem? thanks

    , May 8, 2006

  3. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, vouchsafed:

    > I'm somewhat of a JS dummy, so any help here is appreciated.
    >
    > I have a page with multiple iFrames that load like main, secondary, and
    > tertiary menus -
    > click Link A or B in frame #1, it loads a page ("ay.htm" or "bee.htm")
    > in frame #2.
    > click Link C, D or E in frame #2, it loads a page in frame #3.
    > click Link F, G, H, or I in frame #3, it loads a page in frame #4.
    >
    > Let's say I clicked Link B in frame #1, and opened a bunch of submenus
    > in the other 3 iFrames.
    >
    > The problem is, if I've drilled down that far and then go back to frame
    > #1 and click Link A, I still see all the Link B submenu content.
    >
    > I added a simple JS button so the user can click and refresh the entire
    > page back to nothing, but knowing end-users they don't always work that
    > way.
    >
    > So....
    > How can I make it so if the user clicks Link A or B at any time, it
    > both refreshes the entire page (and therefore clears all the content in
    > frames #2-4), AND loads the requested document into frame #2?
    >
    > Or is there an easier way to do this?

    One thing I always wanted to try and never did was "about:blank" in the
    iframe. If that doesn't work, you could append a hash or query string to
    the url.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.