js viewer w/zoom and pan

mollic503

hi,
Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. There are
actually two related problems I'm having. I would like to have a
slick, efficient, lightweight image viewer for single images stored on
a hard drive. Zooming and panning would be great.

The second part of that is more complex...

I'd like to have the ability to handle geojpeg2000 images also, and
display coordinates as you move your mouse.

so...my questions to the group are...

1) does anybody know of a lightweight viewer?
2) has anyone worked with a js solution to handling geojpeg2000 files?

Thanks!!!

Bart Van der Donck

Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. There are
actually two related problems I'm having. I would like to have a
slick, efficient, lightweight image viewer for single images stored on
a hard drive. Zooming and panning would be great.

I've had good experiences in the past with

http://krolik.net/PIV.jsp
The second part of that is more complex...
I'd like to have the ability to handle geojpeg2000 images also, and
display coordinates as you move your mouse.

As far as I remember, PIV should work with all kind of images that a
browser knows. Displaying the mouse coordinates should be quite easy,
there's tons of info how to do that.

mollic503

Bart Van der Donck wrote:
Displaying the mouse coordinates should be quite easy,
there's tons of info how to do that.

I'm looking at your link now...Thanks!

Right...displaying the mouse coordinates isn't tough. But...how do you
translate the mouse coords into geographic coords (lat/long or UTM for
example), based on the information in the geojpeg2000 header? How do
you even access the info in the header using js?

Thanks

mollic503

Bart Van der Donck wrote:
Displaying the mouse coordinates should be quite easy,
there's tons of info how to do that.

I'm looking at your link now...Thanks!

Right...displaying the mouse coordinates isn't tough. But...how do you
translate the mouse coords into geographic coords (lat/long or UTM for
example), based on the information in the geojpeg2000 header? How do
you even access the info in the header using js?

Thanks

Jeremy

How do you even access the info in the header using js?

Short answer: You don't.

Long answer: If this is on the web, you could make an asynchronous call
to a server script which returns the header information. If not, you
could (depending on the platform) use an OS-provided javascript hook to
peek at the file.

Jeremy