    2) has anyone worked with a js solution to handling geojpeg2000 files?

    Thanks!!!

    , Sep 6, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. There are
    > actually two related problems I'm having. I would like to have a
    > slick, efficient, lightweight image viewer for single images stored on
    > a hard drive. Zooming and panning would be great.

    I've had good experiences in the past with

    http://krolik.net/PIV.jsp

    > The second part of that is more complex...
    > I'd like to have the ability to handle geojpeg2000 images also, and
    > display coordinates as you move your mouse.

    As far as I remember, PIV should work with all kind of images that a
    browser knows. Displaying the mouse coordinates should be quite easy,
    there's tons of info how to do that.

    --
    Bart

    Bart Van der Donck, Sep 6, 2006

    Bart Van der Donck wrote:
    Displaying the mouse coordinates should be quite easy,
    > there's tons of info how to do that.

    I'm looking at your link now...Thanks!

    Right...displaying the mouse coordinates isn't tough. But...how do you
    translate the mouse coords into geographic coords (lat/long or UTM for
    example), based on the information in the geojpeg2000 header? How do
    you even access the info in the header using js?

    Thanks

    , Sep 6, 2006

  6. Jeremy Guest

    wrote:
    > How do you even access the info in the header using js?

    Short answer: You don't.

    Long answer: If this is on the web, you could make an asynchronous call
    to a server script which returns the header information. If not, you
    could (depending on the platform) use an OS-provided javascript hook to
    peek at the file.

    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Sep 7, 2006