    Peregrine Maitland

    To reply delete the numeric characters
    from the return address given.

    Peregrine Maitland, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Peregrine Maitland wrote:

    > I have scrolling news that is based on JavaScript on the site I
    > maintain. The script works in Internet Explorer 6.x, but not Firefox 1.0.
    > It's not clear to me why the script doesn't work with Firefox.

    > http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/WielkieOczy/

    The script is written for the IE object model and for the Netscape 4
    object model, Firefox doesn't support those two so you need to look for
    a script written for modern browsers supporting the W3C DOM.
    Or perhaps you do not need to rely on script as most browsers (IE,
    Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape 7, Opera 7, I think Safari 1.2 too) support
    the <marquee> element by now so as you probably don't know to script
    yourself you could consider using marquee for your scoller.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Dec 22, 2004