JScript.Net (JScript 7.0) is official documented language

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

VK said:
It seems that MSDN finished documentation migration, so one may want to
update the reference bookmarks.

JScript 5.6 is no longer the official documented release (all links are
404).

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/29f83a2c-48c5-49e2-9ae0-7371d2cda2ff.asp>

works OK here. Used links to get there:

microsoft.com
--> MSDN Online
--> Library
--> Web Development
--> Scripting
--> JScript
--> JScript Language Reference

The old URLs stopped working about a _month_ ago:

PointedEars

VK

Martin said:

Or you can use the wayback machine at <www.archive.org> The issue is
not that JScript 5.6 documentation is not available anymore by any
means. The issue is - what documentation Microsoft *wants* do display -
thus hold a responsability for it (oh well, at least an imaginary one
:).

As Microsoft server is really a cluster with possible cross-caching
(plus caching on ISP's proxies) the old links will be flickering for a
while (one time OK, another time noop). For instance the link I used
last 2 years:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...56/html/js56jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp>

became final 404 (after a week of flickering) only today morning.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Or you can use the wayback machine at <www.archive.org> The issue is
not that JScript 5.6 documentation is not available anymore by any
means. The issue is - what documentation Microsoft *wants* do display -

You are talking nonsense again. The documentation Microsoft wants to be
displayed is linked to. Which includes the JScript 5.6 Guide/Reference,
of course.

PointedEars