    Just FYI

    P.S. If your browser is now IE 5.5 or higher the navigation will be far
    of comfortable, also some pages may miss some content.
    VK, Jan 12, 2006

  2. VK wrote:

    > JScript 5.6 is no longer the official documented release (all links are
    > 404).

    I can find the JScript docs fine here:
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp>

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Jan 12, 2006

  3. VK wrote:

    > It seems that MSDN finished documentation migration, so one may want to
    > update the reference bookmarks.
    >
    > JScript 5.6 is no longer the official documented release (all links are
    > 404).

    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/29f83a2c-48c5-49e2-9ae0-7371d2cda2ff.asp>

    works OK here. Used links to get there:

    microsoft.com
    --> MSDN Online
    --> Library
    --> Web Development
    --> Scripting
    --> JScript
    --> JScript Language Reference

    The old URLs stopped working about a _month_ ago:

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jan 12, 2006
  4. VK

    VK Guest

    Martin Honnen wrote:
    > I can find the JScript docs fine here:
    > <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp>

    Or you can use the wayback machine at <www.archive.org> The issue is
    not that JScript 5.6 documentation is not available anymore by any
    means. The issue is - what documentation Microsoft *wants* do display -
    thus hold a responsability for it (oh well, at least an imaginary one
    :).

    As Microsoft server is really a cluster with possible cross-caching
    (plus caching on ISP's proxies) the old links will be flickering for a
    while (one time OK, another time noop). For instance the link I used
    last 2 years:
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp>

    became final 404 (after a week of flickering) only today morning.
    VK, Jan 12, 2006
  5. VK wrote:

    > Martin Honnen wrote:
    >> I can find the JScript docs fine here:

    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/1e9b3876-3d38-4fd8-8596-1bbfe2330aa9.asp>

    > Or you can use the wayback machine at <www.archive.org> The issue is
    > not that JScript 5.6 documentation is not available anymore by any
    > means. The issue is - what documentation Microsoft *wants* do display -

    You are talking nonsense again. The documentation Microsoft wants to be
    displayed is linked to. Which includes the JScript 5.6 Guide/Reference,
    of course.

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jan 12, 2006