    need to make a decision...

    Thanks,
    Drew

    Drew, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Javascript. There's no relevant difference other than the name, really.
    But do a <script type="text/javascript"> as a good practice.

    Ray at work

    "Drew" <> wrote in message
    > I need to do some client-side scripting for my Intranet and was wondering

    if

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Feb 1, 2005

  3. Drew

    Patrice Guest

    If everybody uses IE, you'll use JScript. If needed, you can still check
    your site using some other browser to check if it works with JavaScript (and
    over time have guidelines to use common features).

    If I remember the main difference is in indexing arrays (JScript will use
    parenthesis or brackets while JavaScript uses only brackets).

    IMO it's likely you'll have more problem with the Document Object Model
    exposed by various targeted browsers than with JScript/JavaScript
    themselves...

    Patrice

    --

    de news:%...

    Patrice, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Drew

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "Drew" <> wrote in message
    > I need to do some client-side scripting for my Intranet and was wondering

    if
    > Jscript or Javascript would be better? Everyone here uses IE 5.0 +, so I
    > need to make a decision...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Drew

    JavaScript (play it safe) if your sys admin decides to support firefox,
    you'll be covered

    Hal Rosser, Feb 2, 2005
  5. Patrice wrote:
    > If I remember the main difference is in indexing arrays (JScript will
    > use parenthesis or brackets while JavaScript uses only brackets).

    That's incorrect. Internet Explorer allows parentheses where brackets should
    go when accessing DOM collections, but not for arrays. Note that Internet
    Explorer is not JScript, and DOM is not JScript.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Feb 2, 2005