JSF driving me nuts - requested resource is not available

timasmith

HTTP Status 404 - /myproj/WEB-INF/pages/products.faces

type Status report

message /myproj/WEB-INF/pages/products.faces

description The requested resource
(/myproj/WEB-INF/pages/products.faces) is not available.

This rather useless message is quite annoying and I cant find anything
to debug with.

Darn HTML/javascript is too messy and abstract to be useful.

This is from clicking a link generated by:

<h:commandLink action="#{myTreeBean.list}">
<h:eek:utputText value="#{myDisplay.display}" />
</h:commandLink>

The bean myTreeBean is defined in faces-config

<managed-bean>
<managed-bean-name>myTreeBean</managed-bean-name>

<managed-bean-class>com.myproj.www.ArtifactTreeBean</managed-bean-class>
<managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
</managed-bean>

myTreeBean.list() returns "artifactlist"

which is defined in faces-config

<navigation-case>
<from-outcome>artifactlist</from-outcome>
<to-view-id>/WEB-INF/pages/artifact/artifacttree.jsp</to-view-id>
</navigation-case>

BUT clicking on the link results in the error first stated.

I am at a loss without a good nights sleep...

Chris Smith

HTTP Status 404 - /myproj/WEB-INF/pages/products.faces

Note that resources inside of WEB-INF are not served directly from URLs.
This could be a problem for you.

What does your web.xml look like?

hiwa

(e-mail address removed) ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:
[...]

In a typical Web app, your 'pages' directory shoud be a sibling of
WEB-INF, not a child of it.
Or, more typically, page resources are usually put in the root
directory, which is 'myproj'.

timasmith

Ahh thank you thank you to you and Chris