JSF event-handling question

Discussion in 'Java' started by Bloody Viking, Feb 1, 2008.

  1. Hi.

    I'm a JSF newbie.

    I am developing an app that has significant initialization. I've put
    all that in a bean. I'm displaying a page while it initializes, with a
    button to press. But I'd really like it simply to display a message
    while the initialization is happening, and have it automatically
    display the next JSF page when the bean returns. How would I do that?

    The current JSF for this page is:

    <%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
    <%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
    <jsp:useBean id="init" class="com.pedheart.prints.InitializerBean"
    scope="session"></jsp:useBean>
    <f:view>
    <h2 align="center"> <h:eek:utputText value="#{msg.waitForIt} #{msg.app}
    #{msg.event}"></h:eek:utputText></h2>
    <h:form><h:commandButton value="#{msg.nextPage}" action="nextPage1"/
    ></h:form>

    </f:view>

    - Paul Lieberman

    Bloody Viking, Feb 1, 2008