    found, who is going to write it? you?

    cheers
    jk
    Ronin, Jan 30, 2007

  2. Ronin

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Ronin wrote:
    > Hi I'm looking for a pull json parser (similiar to kxml). Is there
    > anything like this out there yet? I googled but nothing comes up.
    >
    > More importantly a j2me version would suite me just fine. If not
    > found, who is going to write it? you?

    Maybe. What's your offering price/rate?
    Alex Hunsley, Jan 30, 2007

  3. Ronin

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    On Jan 30, 7:17 am, "Ronin" <> wrote:
    > Hi I'm looking for a pull json parser (similiar to kxml). Is there
    > anything like this out there yet? I googled but nothing comes up.
    >
    > More importantly a j2me version would suite me just fine. If not
    > found, who is going to write it? you?
    >
    > cheers
    > jk

    Hmm, JSon is Javascript native. :) eval(jsonData)

    Perhaps you can change your output from json to xml.
    Daniel Pitts, Jan 31, 2007
  4. Ronin

    Ronin Guest

    No I want to use Json, because of its higher compression, which is
    important for J2ME where every byte of space counts. sending json data
    over the air will also speedup the app considerably.

    Ronin, Jan 31, 2007
  5. Ronin

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Alex Hunsley, Jan 31, 2007
  6. Ronin

    Ronin Guest

    On Jan 31, 1:14 pm, Alex Hunsley <> wrote:
    > Ronin wrote:
    > > Hi I'm looking for a pull json parser (similiar to kxml). Is there
    > > anything like this out there yet? I googled but nothing comes up.

    > > More importantly a j2me version would suite me just fine. If not
    > > found, who is going to write it? you?

    > Maybe. What's your offering price/rate?

    hehe free?

    sucks i guess i just have to write my own little parser for now. cheers
    Ronin, Jan 31, 2007
  7. Ronin

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    (Please don't top post)
    [Top posting corrected]
    On Jan 30, 10:06 pm, "Ronin" <> wrote:
    > On Jan 31, 2:56 am, "Daniel Pitts" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Jan 30, 7:17 am, "Ronin" <> wrote:> Hi I'm looking for a pulljsonparser(similiar to kxml). Is there
    > > > anything like this out there yet? I googled but nothing comes up.

    > > > More importantly a j2me version would suite me just fine. If not
    > > > found, who is going to write it? you?

    > > > cheers
    > > > jk

    > > Hmm,JSonis Javascript native. :) eval(jsonData)

    > > Perhaps you can change your output fromjsonto xml.

    > No I want to use Json, because of its higher compression, which is
    > important for J2ME where every byte of space counts. sending json data
    > over the air will also speedup the app considerably.

    Perhaps you would be better off using Serialized objects if size is an
    issue. Or, if you don't need extensibility, just send a predetermined
    binary format.

    You could also look into the java.util.Properties input/output format.
    Hope this helps.
    Daniel.
    Daniel Pitts, Jan 31, 2007
  8. Ronin

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Ronin wrote:
    > On Jan 31, 1:14 pm, Alex Hunsley <> wrote:
    >> Ronin wrote:
    >>> Hi I'm looking for a pull json parser (similiar to kxml). Is there
    >>> anything like this out there yet? I googled but nothing comes up.
    >>> More importantly a j2me version would suite me just fine. If not
    >>> found, who is going to write it? you?

    >> Maybe. What's your offering price/rate?

    > hehe free?

    :) The best way to get 'free' is to write it yourself!
    Of course people can and do write free software (and 'free' in several
    different senses of the word), but it would be a little unusual to post
    here and find someone willing to write something for you, at random, on
    spec like that...

    > sucks i guess i just have to write my own little parser for now. cheers

    What's wrong with the Java impl given at the Json site?
    http://www.json.org/java/index.html

    lex
    Alex Hunsley, Jan 31, 2007
  9. Ronin

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Daniel Pitts wrote:
    > (Please don't top post)
    > [Top posting corrected]
    > On Jan 30, 10:06 pm, "Ronin" <> wrote:
    >> On Jan 31, 2:56 am, "Daniel Pitts" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Jan 30, 7:17 am, "Ronin" <> wrote:> Hi I'm looking for a pulljsonparser(similiar to kxml). Is there
    >>> Hmm,JSonis Javascript native. :) eval(jsonData)
    >>> Perhaps you can change your output fromjsonto xml.

    >> No I want to use Json, because of its higher compression, which is
    >> important for J2ME where every byte of space counts. sending json data
    >> over the air will also speedup the app considerably.

    Btw, one thing to consider is that I believe the GPRS packet size is
    1kilobyte. In other words, if you retrieve just ten bytes (for example),
    a 1kb packet is still sent over the GPRS network. And one kilobyte plus
    a few bytes of data cause two whole kilobytes of GPRS data to be sent,
    and so on.

    The choice of something like Json/xml versus a set binary format depends
    quite a bit on how flexible the data you are sending is. Does it always
    have the same fields, in same order, in same amounts? Or is more
    flexibility needed?

    > Perhaps you would be better off using Serialized objects if size is an
    > issue. Or, if you don't need extensibility, just send a predetermined
    > binary format.

    Whoops, I think I just reiterated above what you say about
    'extensibility'...

    lex

    Alex Hunsley, Jan 31, 2007
  10. On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:38:30 -0800, Alex Hunsley
    <> wrote:
    [sNip]
    > The choice of something like Json/xml versus a set binary format depends
    > quite a bit on how flexible the data you are sending is. Does it always
    > have the same fields, in same order, in same amounts? Or is more
    > flexibility needed?

    [sNip]

    The format of binary data can also be quite flexible (consider, for
    example, DNS), but that depends on how much work one wants to put into
    it. Using something that's already well-known can save a lot of
    development time.

    --
    Randolf Richardson -
    The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)
    Randolf Richardson, Feb 2, 2007