    Any ideas?

    With kind regards

    Jörg

    Jörg Weule, Nov 26, 2011

  2. Jörg Weule wrote:

    > is there anything like an JSON schema file format?

    Yes.

    > Any methods to extend a SQL-binding and/or HTML-bindung is apreciated:
    > SQL will be used to store the data at tables and HTML form elements are
    > used to edit the data fields additional to the node tree.

    I beg your pardon?

    BTW, your Question Mark key is borken.

    PointedEars
    --
    realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
    evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 26, 2011

  3. On 11/26/2011 09:08 PM, Jörg Weule wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > is there anything like an JSON schema file format?

    Json objects are like XML very flexible. Is there a file format to
    describe a subset with a specific structure like XMLSchema xsd-files ?

    Jörg Weule, Nov 26, 2011
  4. Jörg Weule wrote:

    > On 11/26/2011 09:08 PM, Jörg Weule wrote:
    >> is there anything like an JSON schema file format?

    > Json objects are like XML very flexible. Is there a file format to
    > describe a subset with a specific structure like XMLSchema xsd-files ?

    The correct answer still is "Yes". STFW: <http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JSON+schema>

    <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

    PointedEars
    will want to steal it.)

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 26, 2011
  5. On 11/26/2011 11:08 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    > Jörg Weule wrote:
    >
    >> On 11/26/2011 09:08 PM, Jörg Weule wrote:
    >>> is there anything like an JSON schema file format?

    >> Json objects are like XML very flexible. Is there a file format to
    >> describe a subset with a specific structure like XMLSchema xsd-files ?

    > The correct answer still is "Yes". STFW:<http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JSON+schema>
    >
    > <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
    >

    > PointedEars

    Thanks,

    any HTML-editor for that?

    With kind regards

    Jörg

    Jörg Weule, Nov 26, 2011
  6. On 11/26/2011 11:08 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    > Jörg Weule wrote:
    >
    >> On 11/26/2011 09:08 PM, Jörg Weule wrote:
    >>> is there anything like an JSON schema file format?

    >> Json objects are like XML very flexible. Is there a file format to
    >> describe a subset with a specific structure like XMLSchema xsd-files ?

    > The correct answer still is "Yes". STFW:<http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JSON+schema>
    >
    > <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
    >

    > PointedEars

    The answer is: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zyp-json-schema-03

    Any html editor for data relecting a schema?

    Tanks

    Jörg

    Jörg Weule, Nov 26, 2011
  7. Jörg Weule wrote:

    > Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    >> Jörg Weule wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Json objects are like XML very flexible. Is there a file format to
    >>> describe a subset with a specific structure like XMLSchema xsd-files ?

    >> The correct answer still is "Yes".
    >> STFW:<http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JSON+schema>
    >>
    >> <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

    > Thanks,
    >
    > any HTML-editor for that?

    I beg your pardon?

    How can there be an *HTML* editor for *JSON Schema*? No, do not answer.

    You clearly have not learned yet how to ask smart questions.

    PointedEars
    --
    When all you know is jQuery, every problem looks $(olvable).

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 26, 2011
  8. Jörg Weule wrote:

    > On 11/26/2011 11:08 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    >> Jörg Weule wrote:
    >>> Json objects are like XML very flexible. Is there a file format to
    >>> describe a subset with a specific structure like XMLSchema xsd-files ?

    >> The correct answer still is "Yes".
    >> STFW:<http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JSON+schema>
    >>
    >> <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

    > The answer is: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zyp-json-schema-03

    Not to your actual question.

    > Any html editor for data relecting a schema?

    No.

    PointedEars
    --
    When all you know is jQuery, every problem looks $(olvable).

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 26, 2011
  9. On 11/26/2011 11:32 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    > Jörg Weule wrote:
    >
    >> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

    >>> The correct answer still is "Yes".
    >>> STFW:<http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JSON+schema>
    >>>
    >>> <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> any HTML-editor for that?

    > I beg your pardon?
    >
    > How can there be an *HTML* editor for *JSON Schema*? No, do not answer.

    I'm looking for an HTML-editor to edit data respecting a given JSON schema.

    > You clearly have not learned yet how to ask smart questions.

    May be, ... Deusch ist meine Muttersprache ;-)
    There are Editors to edit data respecting a given XML-Schema! Is there a
    similar thing for JSON?

    > PointedEars

    Jörg

    Jörg Weule, Nov 26, 2011
  10. Jörg Weule

    Bart Lateur Guest

    Jörg Weule wrote:

    >>> any HTML-editor for that?

    >> I beg your pardon?
    >>
    >> How can there be an *HTML* editor for *JSON Schema*? No, do not answer.

    >I'm looking for an HTML-editor to edit data respecting a given JSON schema.

    I'll spell it in simple words for you. JSON is a data structure very
    much like Javascript. there is no trace of HTML in sight.

    So how can you expect to use an HTML editor to edit JSON?

    --
    Bart Lateur

    Bart Lateur, Nov 27, 2011
  11. Jörg Weule

    Arno Welzel Guest

    Jörg Weule, 2011-11-26 23:43:

    > On 11/26/2011 11:32 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    >> Jörg Weule wrote:

    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> any HTML-editor for that?

    >> I beg your pardon?
    >>
    >> How can there be an *HTML* editor for *JSON Schema*? No, do not answer.

    > I'm looking for an HTML-editor to edit data respecting a given JSON schema.

    Why do you want to use an HTML(!) editor to edit JSON(!)?

    >> You clearly have not learned yet how to ask smart questions.

    > May be, ... Deusch ist meine Muttersprache ;-)
    > There are Editors to edit data respecting a given XML-Schema! Is there a
    > similar thing for JSON?

    Yes.

    <http://lmgtfy.com/?q=json+editor>

    --
    Arno Welzel
    http://arnowelzel.de

    Arno Welzel, Nov 28, 2011
  12. Jörg Weule

    Jörg Weule Guest

    On 11/27/2011 08:27 PM, Bart Lateur wrote:

    >>> I beg your pardon?
    >>>
    >>> How can there be an *HTML* editor for *JSON Schema*? No, do not answer.

    >> I'm looking for an HTML-editor to edit data respecting a given JSON schema.

    > I'll spell it in simple words for you. JSON is a data structure very
    > much like Javascript. there is no trace of HTML in sight.
    >
    > So how can you expect to use an HTML editor to edit JSON?

    Because we have tinymce to edit html ;-)

    Jörg

    Jörg Weule, Nov 28, 2011
  13. On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 18:56:29 +0100, Jörg Weule wrote:

    >>> I'm looking for an HTML-editor to edit data respecting a given JSON
    >>> schema.

    >> I'll spell it in simple words for you. JSON is a data structure very
    >> much like Javascript. there is no trace of HTML in sight.
    >>
    >> So how can you expect to use an HTML editor to edit JSON?
    >>

    > Because we have tinymce to edit html ;-)

    TinyMCE is a platform independent web based Javascript HTML WYSIWYG
    editor control released as Open Source under LGPL by Moxiecode Systems
    AB. ...

    So it's not an html-editor to edit html, it's a javascript editor to edit
    html.

    I think that what you may mean is that you want an editor that runs in
    javascript which can be embedded on a web page and can edit a JSON Schema
    (whatever one of those is).

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon

    Denis McMahon, Nov 28, 2011
  14. On 11/28/2011 10:41 PM, Denis McMahon wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 18:56:29 +0100, Jörg Weule wrote:

    [...]
    > TinyMCE is a platform independent web based Javascript HTML WYSIWYG
    > editor control released as Open Source under LGPL by Moxiecode Systems
    > AB. ...
    >
    > So it's not an html-editor to edit html, it's a javascript editor to edit
    > html.
    >
    > I think that what you may mean is that you want an editor that runs in
    > javascript which can be embedded on a web page and can edit a JSON Schema
    > (whatever one of those is).

    I want an editor for JSON data respecting a given JSON schema like
    tinymce is respecting xhtml. A canonical binding to database tables
    would be nice to store the data at the web server.

    I'm running a website for a jazz club where each concert has one or more
    bands. Each band hat musicans, a text, some images and web links...

    > Rgds
    >
    > Denis McMahon

    Jörg

    Jörg Weule, Nov 29, 2011
  15. Jörg Weule

    Scott Sauyet Guest

    Jörg Weule wrote:
    > I want an editor for JSON data respecting a given JSON schema like
    > tinymce is respecting xhtml. A canonical binding to database tables
    > would be nice to store the data at the web server.

    Such editors probably exist, although I've never come across one. But
    your requirements raise the question of whether you also would be
    better off with a document-oriented database such as Couch or Mongo.
    This might be cleaner than "a canonical binding to database tables."

    > I'm running a website for a jazz club where each concert has one or more
    > bands. Each band hat musicans, a text, some images and web links...

    One other possibility, and one that I used in a somewhat similar
    circumstance, is to make the edit interface for a concert essentially
    be a sample page (or page section) in which the fields that need to be
    updated are visibly highlighted in some manner to make it clear that
    they can be edited. Then an edit-in-place technique would let the
    user edit the fields, immediately seeing the results. I had really
    good feedback from users for such a technique.

    -- Scott

    Scott Sauyet, Nov 29, 2011
  16. On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:22:45 +0100, Jörg Weule wrote:

    > On 11/28/2011 10:41 PM, Denis McMahon wrote:
    >> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 18:56:29 +0100, Jörg Weule wrote:
    >>

    > [...]
    >>
    >> TinyMCE is a platform independent web based Javascript HTML WYSIWYG
    >> editor control released as Open Source under LGPL by Moxiecode Systems
    >> AB. ...
    >>
    >> So it's not an html-editor to edit html, it's a javascript editor to
    >> edit html.
    >>
    >> I think that what you may mean is that you want an editor that runs in
    >> javascript which can be embedded on a web page and can edit a JSON
    >> Schema (whatever one of those is).

    > I want an editor for JSON data respecting a given JSON schema like
    > tinymce is respecting xhtml. A canonical binding to database tables
    > would be nice to store the data at the web server.

    Yes, I still don't know what a "JSON schema" is though.

    JSON is a way of serialising a data object.

    Put your data object attributes in a suitable form presentation, and use
    javascript to serialise them.

    i.e.:

    1) Generate a field layout that has suitable fields for the schema.

    2) Write javascript that can:

    (a) expand a JSON serialised data object to populate the fields
    (b) serialise data in the fields to a JSON data object
    (c) grow or shrink fields or collections of fields as needed to represent
    any array components of the data
    (d) ensure that data is of the correct type (eg numeric, character etc)

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon

    Denis McMahon, Nov 29, 2011
  17. Denis McMahon wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:22:45 +0100, Jörg Weule wrote:
    >> I want an editor for JSON data respecting a given JSON schema like
    >> tinymce is respecting xhtml. A canonical binding to database tables
    >> would be nice to store the data at the web server.

    > Yes, I still don't know what a "JSON schema" is though.

    You, too, would have known had you used a Web search engine before posting.

    > JSON is a way of serialising a data object.

    No, it is an (object) data exchange format. Like XML, but with less
    overhead (and its own disadvantages instead, one of which JSON Schema
    is attempting to remove).

    PointedEars
    --
    When all you know is jQuery, every problem looks $(olvable).

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 29, 2011
  18. Jörg Weule

    Arno Welzel Guest

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, 2011-11-29 23:59:

    > Denis McMahon wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:22:45 +0100, Jörg Weule wrote:
    >>> I want an editor for JSON data respecting a given JSON schema like
    >>> tinymce is respecting xhtml. A canonical binding to database tables
    >>> would be nice to store the data at the web server.

    >> Yes, I still don't know what a "JSON schema" is though.

    > You, too, would have known had you used a Web search engine before posting.
    >
    >> JSON is a way of serialising a data object.

    > No, it is an (object) data exchange format. Like XML, but with less
    > overhead (and its own disadvantages instead, one of which JSON Schema
    > is attempting to remove).

    What is the difference between "serialising a data object" and "(object)
    data exchange"?

    --
    Arno Welzel
    http://arnowelzel.de

    Arno Welzel, Nov 30, 2011
  19. On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:35:17 +0100, Arno Welzel wrote:

    > What is the difference between "serialising a data object" and "(object)
    > data exchange"?

    Only that Thomas has to call it something different to me to suggest that
    I don't know what I'm talking about.

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon

    Denis McMahon, Nov 30, 2011
  20. Denis McMahon wrote:

    > On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:35:17 +0100, Arno Welzel wrote:
    >> What is the difference between "serialising a data object" and "(object)
    >> data exchange"?

    > Only that Thomas has to call it something different to me to suggest that
    > I don't know what I'm talking about.

    You don't. JSON is about exchanging data, not serializing objects.
    There does not even need to be an original object for JSON.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 30, 2011