JSON schema ??? SQL-Binding ??? HTML-Form-Binding ???

Jörg Weule

Hello,

is there anything like an JSON schema file format?

It would be nice to describe the structure of the objects to transfer
between the Browser and the php-backend.

Any methods to extend a SQL-binding and/or HTML-bindung is apreciated:
SQL will be used to store the data at tables and HTML form elements are
used to edit the data fields additional to the node tree.

Any ideas?

With kind regards

Jörg

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jörg Weule said:
is there anything like an JSON schema file format?
Yes.

Any methods to extend a SQL-binding and/or HTML-bindung is apreciated:
SQL will be used to store the data at tables and HTML form elements are
used to edit the data fields additional to the node tree.

I beg your pardon?

BTW, your Question Mark key is borken.

PointedEars

Jörg Weule

Hello,

is there anything like an JSON schema file format?

Json objects are like XML very flexible. Is there a file format to
describe a subset with a specific structure like XMLSchema xsd-files ?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jörg Weule said:
Thanks,

any HTML-editor for that?

I beg your pardon?

How can there be an *HTML* editor for *JSON Schema*? No, do not answer.

You clearly have not learned yet how to ask smart questions.

PointedEars

Jörg Weule

I beg your pardon?

How can there be an *HTML* editor for *JSON Schema*? No, do not answer.

I'm looking for an HTML-editor to edit data respecting a given JSON schema.
You clearly have not learned yet how to ask smart questions.

May be, ... Deusch ist meine Muttersprache ;-)
There are Editors to edit data respecting a given XML-Schema! Is there a
similar thing for JSON?
PointedEars

Jörg

Bart Lateur

Jörg Weule said:
I'm looking for an HTML-editor to edit data respecting a given JSON schema.

I'll spell it in simple words for you. JSON is a data structure very
much like Javascript. there is no trace of HTML in sight.

So how can you expect to use an HTML editor to edit JSON?

Jörg Weule

I'll spell it in simple words for you. JSON is a data structure very
much like Javascript. there is no trace of HTML in sight.

So how can you expect to use an HTML editor to edit JSON?
Because we have tinymce to edit html ;-)

Jörg

Denis McMahon

Because we have tinymce to edit html ;-)

TinyMCE is a platform independent web based Javascript HTML WYSIWYG
editor control released as Open Source under LGPL by Moxiecode Systems
AB. ...

So it's not an html-editor to edit html, it's a javascript editor to edit
html.

I think that what you may mean is that you want an editor that runs in
javascript which can be embedded on a web page and can edit a JSON Schema
(whatever one of those is).

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Jörg Weule

]

TinyMCE is a platform independent web based Javascript HTML WYSIWYG
editor control released as Open Source under LGPL by Moxiecode Systems
AB. ...

So it's not an html-editor to edit html, it's a javascript editor to edit
html.

I think that what you may mean is that you want an editor that runs in
javascript which can be embedded on a web page and can edit a JSON Schema
(whatever one of those is).

I want an editor for JSON data respecting a given JSON schema like
tinymce is respecting xhtml. A canonical binding to database tables
would be nice to store the data at the web server.

I'm running a website for a jazz club where each concert has one or more
bands. Each band hat musicans, a text, some images and web links...
Rgds

Denis McMahon

Jörg

Scott Sauyet

Jörg Weule said:
I want an editor for JSON data respecting a given JSON schema like
tinymce is respecting xhtml. A canonical binding to database tables
would be nice to store the data at the web server.

Such editors probably exist, although I've never come across one. But
your requirements raise the question of whether you also would be
better off with a document-oriented database such as Couch or Mongo.
This might be cleaner than "a canonical binding to database tables."

I'm running a website for a jazz club where each concert has one or more
bands. Each band hat musicans, a text, some images and web links...

One other possibility, and one that I used in a somewhat similar
circumstance, is to make the edit interface for a concert essentially
be a sample page (or page section) in which the fields that need to be
updated are visibly highlighted in some manner to make it clear that
they can be edited. Then an edit-in-place technique would let the
user edit the fields, immediately seeing the results. I had really
good feedback from users for such a technique.

-- Scott

Denis McMahon

]

TinyMCE is a platform independent web based Javascript HTML WYSIWYG
editor control released as Open Source under LGPL by Moxiecode Systems
AB. ...

So it's not an html-editor to edit html, it's a javascript editor to
edit html.

I think that what you may mean is that you want an editor that runs in
javascript which can be embedded on a web page and can edit a JSON
Schema (whatever one of those is).

I want an editor for JSON data respecting a given JSON schema like
tinymce is respecting xhtml. A canonical binding to database tables
would be nice to store the data at the web server.

Yes, I still don't know what a "JSON schema" is though.

JSON is a way of serialising a data object.

Put your data object attributes in a suitable form presentation, and use
javascript to serialise them.

i.e.:

1) Generate a field layout that has suitable fields for the schema.

2) Write javascript that can:

(a) expand a JSON serialised data object to populate the fields
(b) serialise data in the fields to a JSON data object
(c) grow or shrink fields or collections of fields as needed to represent
any array components of the data
(d) ensure that data is of the correct type (eg numeric, character etc)

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Denis said:
Yes, I still don't know what a "JSON schema" is though.

You, too, would have known had you used a Web search engine before posting.
JSON is a way of serialising a data object.

No, it is an (object) data exchange format. Like XML, but with less
overhead (and its own disadvantages instead, one of which JSON Schema
is attempting to remove).

PointedEars

Arno Welzel

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, 2011-11-29 23:59:
You, too, would have known had you used a Web search engine before posting.

No, it is an (object) data exchange format. Like XML, but with less
overhead (and its own disadvantages instead, one of which JSON Schema
is attempting to remove).

What is the difference between "serialising a data object" and "(object)
data exchange"?

Denis McMahon

What is the difference between "serialising a data object" and "(object)
data exchange"?

Only that Thomas has to call it something different to me to suggest that
I don't know what I'm talking about.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Denis said:
Only that Thomas has to call it something different to me to suggest that
I don't know what I'm talking about.

You don't. JSON is about exchanging data, not serializing objects.
There does not even need to be an original object for JSON.

PointedEars