jsp-api.jar and conflicting class after migration from jsf ==> MyFaces

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ben Engbers, Feb 7, 2007.

  1. Ben Engbers

    Ben Engbers Guest

    Hi,

    I a using Eclipse/Callisto with jdk1.5.0_08 and Tomcat 5.5.20 on a
    Fedora core 6 platform, to develop web applications.

    At the moment we are using a JSF-component which is developed with
    jdeveloper, j2sdk1.4.2 and jsf-1.1 and I am trying to port this
    component to MyFaces 1.1.4

    I have a class which can't be compiled since it is missing a class (The
    line "public class TabbedMenuTag extends UIComponentTag" results in "The
    type javax.servlet.jsp.tagextTag cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
    referenced from required .class files")
    Adding jsp-api.jar to the classpath solves this problem.

    If I restart Tomcat however, I get the following error:
    INFO:
    validateJarFile(<user-home/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/EAG2006/WEB-INF/lib/jsp-api.jar)
    - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2 Offending class:
    javax/servlet/jsp/JspPage.class
    The application won't run.

    Questions:
    Is this a Tomcat or a MyFaces or an Eclipse-bug (where should I report it)?
    Is there a workaround?

    Ben
    Ben Engbers, Feb 7, 2007