jsp-api.jar and conflicting class after migration from jsf ==> MyFaces

Ben Engbers

Hi,

I a using Eclipse/Callisto with jdk1.5.0_08 and Tomcat 5.5.20 on a
Fedora core 6 platform, to develop web applications.

At the moment we are using a JSF-component which is developed with
jdeveloper, j2sdk1.4.2 and jsf-1.1 and I am trying to port this
component to MyFaces 1.1.4

I have a class which can't be compiled since it is missing a class (The
line "public class TabbedMenuTag extends UIComponentTag" results in "The
type javax.servlet.jsp.tagextTag cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
referenced from required .class files")
Adding jsp-api.jar to the classpath solves this problem.

If I restart Tomcat however, I get the following error:
INFO:
validateJarFile(<user-home/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/EAG2006/WEB-INF/lib/jsp-api.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2 Offending class:
javax/servlet/jsp/JspPage.class
The application won't run.

Questions:
Is this a Tomcat or a MyFaces or an Eclipse-bug (where should I report it)?
Is there a workaround?

Ben