Jsp beautifier

Discussion in 'Java' started by Berlin Brown, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Berlin Brown

    Berlin Brown Guest

    ZJT wrote:
    > Is there such a tool avaliable to help you to auto-format the JSP code
    > you want it to be? Thanks.

    emacs? or are you talking about the code in the .java generated through
    for example tomcat-jasper. That is a mess of ugly, in those .java files.

    Berlin Brown, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Berlin Brown

    ZJT Guest

    ZJT, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Berlin Brown

    Leo Gaggl Guest

    The best way I can think about "beautifying" JSP is to NOT use it. Use
    something like Jakarta Velocity as the templating engine (View component).

    http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/index.html

    HTH

    --

    Leo Gaggl
    Adelaide, South Australia

    Leo Gaggl, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Berlin Brown

    Chris Smith Guest

    ZJT wrote:
    > Is there such a tool avaliable to help you to auto-format the JSP code
    > you want it to be? Thanks.

    I've never tried it... but this search on Google turns up about a
    gazillion links for something called Trita. Take a look at
    http://www.trita.com/features/jsp-beautifier.jsp.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Berlin Brown

    Chris Smith Guest

    Leo Gaggl wrote:
    > The best way I can think about "beautifying" JSP is to NOT use it. Use
    > something like Jakarta Velocity as the templating engine (View component).
    >
    > http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/index.html

    That's rather disingenuous, don't you think? In the real world, people
    don't always use their pet projects. If (as it sounds) the OP has a lot
    of JSP code written by other people and needs to maintain it, do you
    *really* think that trying to convert the whole thing to Velocity is a
    worthwhile use of time?

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Jan 27, 2004
  6. Berlin Brown

    Leo Gaggl Guest

    Chris,
    Wasn't really meant that way - I am just trying to de-tangle a JSP app
    and cursing over the use of JSP as a view component. Bad timing ;-)

    Sometimes it seems to me that there is more care taken on the formatting
    of code (which is important - don't get me wrong) than on the actual
    design of the app basics & framework.

    Leo

    Leo Gaggl, Jan 28, 2004