Jsp beautifier

Berlin Brown

ZJT said:
Is there such a tool avaliable to help you to auto-format the JSP code
you want it to be? Thanks.
emacs? or are you talking about the code in the .java generated through
for example tomcat-jasper. That is a mess of ugly, in those .java files.

ZJT

Is there such a tool avaliable to help you to auto-format the JSP code
you want it to be? Thanks.

Chris Smith

Leo said:
The best way I can think about "beautifying" JSP is to NOT use it. Use
something like Jakarta Velocity as the templating engine (View component).

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/index.html

That's rather disingenuous, don't you think? In the real world, people
don't always use their pet projects. If (as it sounds) the OP has a lot
of JSP code written by other people and needs to maintain it, do you
*really* think that trying to convert the whole thing to Velocity is a
worthwhile use of time?

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Leo Gaggl

Chris,
Wasn't really meant that way - I am just trying to de-tangle a JSP app
and cursing over the use of JSP as a view component. Bad timing ;-)

Sometimes it seems to me that there is more care taken on the formatting
of code (which is important - don't get me wrong) than on the actual
design of the app basics & framework.

Leo