JSP: Can I use something other than "jsessionid"?

Steve Sobol

PHP allows you to set the name of the session parameter. It defaults to
PHPSESSID (I believe) but you can use something else if you want.

JSP's session handling is much more transparent but I was wondering if the spec
says there is a way to use a parameter name other than JSESSIONID to hold the
session ID.

Oscar kind

Steve Sobol said:
PHP allows you to set the name of the session parameter. It defaults to
PHPSESSID (I believe) but you can use something else if you want.

JSP's session handling is much more transparent but I was wondering if the spec
says there is a way to use a parameter name other than JSESSIONID to hold the
session ID.

AFAIK, the spec doesn't specify its name. Also, I've worked with IBM's
Websphere Application Server, which allows you to change it. Maybe another
application server allows it too, but I haven't come that functionality
yet.

Chris Smith

Steve said:
PHP allows you to set the name of the session parameter. It defaults to
PHPSESSID (I believe) but you can use something else if you want.

JSP's session handling is much more transparent but I was wondering if the spec
says there is a way to use a parameter name other than JSESSIONID to hold the
session ID.

No, it doesn't. The servlet specification (not JSP; JSP has nothing to
do with session tracking) specific requires that the parameter be called
jsessionid, and provides no way to choose an alternative.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Steve Sobol

Chris Smith wrote:

No, it doesn't. The servlet specification (not JSP; JSP has nothing to
do with session tracking) specific requires that the parameter be called
jsessionid, and provides no way to choose an alternative.

'k. Not a big deal.