jsp database query and setup

Discussion in 'Java' started by Quick Function, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. I am using jstl. I have a query.jsp page, which has something like:

    <sql:setDataSource var="db" scope="application"
    driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
    url="jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:1.2.3.4:1521:db"
    user="${param.username}"
    password="${param.password}"
    />

    <sql:query var="er" dataSource="${db}" sql="${param.sql}"
    maxRows="20"/>

    Query will be the first page my user sees. And there is a link to take
    them to a "setup.jsp" page, in which user can input username and
    password and them linked back to query page. How can I do this?

    In the query page, if I find the username and password are null, I
    want to take them to setup page automatically.

    How can I implement this?

    Thanks,

    QQ

    Quick Function, Jul 15, 2004