jsp:include is not allowing me write scriptlet between <jsp:param> tags

Discussion in 'Java' started by ramakrishna, May 4, 2006.

  1. ramakrishna

    ramakrishna Guest

    Hi,
    Please help me in this issue.
    Iam including EntitlementControl.jsp in main.jsp using jsp:include
    Iam adding params based on certain condition. but it does not allow me

    to add java code in between jsp:params
    can i add condtion in jsp:include

    this is my javacode

    <jsp:include page="EntitlementControl.jsp">
    <jsp:param name="controlName"
    value='<%=sTest%>'/>

    <%if(bReadonly) { %> // error here it
    is not allowing me a any scriplet.
    <jsp:param name="readonly"
    value="true"/>
    <%}%>
    </jsp:include>

    tomcat is not allowing me scriplet in <jsp:include tag>

    it is showing error at "<%if(bReadonly) { %> "

    i had run the same code in jrun application server its work nice.

    question: is it java specification or not?
    if yes, why is it not working?
    if no, what do i do to run in tomcat server?

    ramakrishna, May 4, 2006