jsp include or RequestDispatcher.forward() need to identify 301's

Discussion in 'Java' started by christopher@dailycrossword.com, Aug 29, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Greetings,
    I am using Quercus to process php files from within Tomcat. A simple
    jsp include directive containing a reference to a php file is handed
    to a servlet QuercusServlet, which processes the php and outputs it to
    the jsp. This is working.

    What is not working is sometimes these PHP files issue 301's, which
    appear to be categorically ignored. I want to include the data if
    there is no 301, but pass the 301 off to the browser if there is one.
    Of course this is probably impossible since the response is committed,
    so I may need to sent a Javascript reload command or some sort of
    kludge. One way or the other, I want to see the response code of the
    included servlet, but I don't see how I can.

    For anyone familiar with Quercus, I do not understand the difference
    between Quercus and Resin. Resin has tonza rewrite and redirect
    potential, but resin seems to be a full server (replacing Tomcat?),
    where quercus is just a php interpreter. So, i don't see where to
    configure any rewriting in quercus, despite the fact that it uses much
    of resin. So confused.

    , Aug 29, 2009