jsp include or RequestDispatcher.forward() need to identify 301's

christopher

Greetings,
I am using Quercus to process php files from within Tomcat. A simple
jsp include directive containing a reference to a php file is handed
to a servlet QuercusServlet, which processes the php and outputs it to
the jsp. This is working.

What is not working is sometimes these PHP files issue 301's, which
appear to be categorically ignored. I want to include the data if
there is no 301, but pass the 301 off to the browser if there is one.
Of course this is probably impossible since the response is committed,
so I may need to sent a Javascript reload command or some sort of
kludge. One way or the other, I want to see the response code of the
included servlet, but I don't see how I can.

For anyone familiar with Quercus, I do not understand the difference
between Quercus and Resin. Resin has tonza rewrite and redirect
potential, but resin seems to be a full server (replacing Tomcat?),
where quercus is just a php interpreter. So, i don't see where to
configure any rewriting in quercus, despite the fact that it uses much
of resin. So confused.