JSP: Jasper Compilation Error

Ralf

It's not a JSP throwing the error, but a bean (B01) used by a JSP. And, this
bad bean (B01) calls a static function in a third java.class (B02) that
imports java.sql, too.

Regarding the root cause stack trace you mentioned, where do I find it? (The
log I posted is from catalina.out)

Thank you, Ryan, for your patience and advice.

Ralf

Ryan Stewart

Ralf said:
It's not a JSP throwing the error, but a bean (B01) used by a JSP. And, this
bad bean (B01) calls a static function in a third java.class (B02) that
imports java.sql, too.

Regarding the root cause stack trace you mentioned, where do I find it? (The
log I posted is from catalina.out)

Thank you, Ryan, for your patience and advice.
Please keep your replies in the same thread (and with the same subject).

Do you get an error in your browser or just in the logs? Something like this
usually shows up in the browser as an HTTP 500 error (and is also put in the
logs). If you get that, try copying and pasting the entire browser contents. The
root cause, if there is one, will be another stack trace below the first one.

Sometimes Tomcat will actually generate four or five (maybe more?) stack traces
for one error. If you look over each one, you'll gather some good information.
At this point, I'm not sure which way to go besides to say give us some more
information. Either more error output or some code to look at.

For tips on posting code see:
http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp