(JSP) Java Server Pages help for newbie

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sjaak, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. Sjaak

    Sjaak Guest

    Hi All,

    I need to learn JSP pages, I have experience with PHP, Coldfusion,
    Javascript
    and some VB. Hopefully JPS won't be to difficult. What do you think?

    Anyway, as I'm a complete nitwit with JSP I would love to hear some
    tips/advice.

    I've downloaded the Tomcat 5.5 webserver from Apache, aparently I need
    install Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment I can understand I
    can get this from java.sun.com, but where? Do I need JDK for making
    JSP pages?

    Are there any good websites with tutorials where I can learn JSP from
    the beginning starting with making a page 'Hello world'?

    Also are there any good books on JSP? For the moment I don't need to
    know
    very complexe things. Just so that I will be able to make a simple
    page
    with maybe a database connection to get some data. That's the level
    what
    I want to reach. And from there on I hope I will have enough knowledge
    to figure things out myself.

    Thanks for any help!

    Steven.

    Sjaak, Jan 12, 2005