    regards
    Ramesh

    , Apr 14, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I am looking for a way to invoke the feature of spellchecking in
    > MS-Word from my JSP page and/or stateless session bean.
    > The appserver is WebSphere.
    >
    > Can anybody help me with a few pointers on how to go about this ?

    I guess you will need a Java-COM bridge. Jacob gets mentioned often. And
    you will need the API specs of the spell checker. I think you can buy
    this information from MS as part of some of the MSDN packages. And you
    need to verify your license if it allows to use the spell checker as
    part of some server.

    /Thomas

    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Wendy Smoak Guest

    wrote:
    > I am looking for a way to invoke the feature of spellchecking in
    > MS-Word from my JSP page and/or stateless session bean.
    > The appserver is WebSphere.
    >
    > Can anybody help me with a few pointers on how to go about this ?

    Is there some reason you have to use the Word spell checker?
    If not, take a look at JSpell: http://www.jspell.com

    --
    Wendy

    Wendy Smoak, Apr 14, 2005

    Re: JSP/Java SpellCheck using MS-Word

    So are you deploying to WebSphere on a Winders!? That's a new one for
    me.

    Seriously, Jazzy looks solid from my initial testing and I do not see
    what shelling out to Word is going to buy you other than grammar
    checking. Just tell them about the extra four to six work months to
    integrate with Word and they'll probably confess to reality that a few
    weeks to integrate JSpell, Jazzy, or whatever is better!

    My $.02,
    TimJowers

    , Apr 15, 2005

    Re: JSP/Java SpellCheck using MS-Word

    In addition, going to Word via com is going to be terribly slow (I've
    done it) and also violates the Microsoft license agreement (look up
    CSAPI license) at Microsofts web site.

    wrote:
    > So are you deploying to WebSphere on a Winders!? That's a new one for
    > me.
    >
    > Seriously, Jazzy looks solid from my initial testing and I do not see
    > what shelling out to Word is going to buy you other than grammar
    > checking. Just tell them about the extra four to six work months to
    > integrate with Word and they'll probably confess to reality that a

    few
    > weeks to integrate JSpell, Jazzy, or whatever is better!
    >
    > My $.02,
    > TimJowers

    , Apr 25, 2005