JSP pages refresh ?

mhk

Hi,

i am doing webbased project using remote Apache webserver. i have
classes in "WEB-INF/classes" directory.

My web pages dont refresh after i make changes in classes and upload
them. if i delete the classes even then my JSP works with the old class
that was available previous. This problem occures even if i refresh the
page or open a new web page with that address.

As a result i have to wait long time and press the refresh button many
many time until i get the new results.

can anyone know how to solve this problem.

Thanks alot.

Jeff

Ben_

Web containers poll at a given interval to detect changes. The configuration
is implementation dependant.

Ben_

When you request the JSP, the change might not be detected directly, due to
the "polling interval" (the name might be implementation dependant, it's the
name used in WebSphere). You might have to wait a minute, if so configured,
for the web container to detect the change and recompile the JSP.

Ben_

"polling interval" (...), it's the
name used in WebSphere
Or was it reload interval ? Or maybe refresh interval ? Can't recall exactly
:). Anyway, the idea is the same: it might take you a bit of patience for
the change to be detected. In WebSphere, it's configured in an extension to
the standard deployment descriptor.