    can anyone know how to solve this problem.

    Thanks alot.

    Jeff
    mhk, Nov 29, 2003

  2. mhk

    Ben_ Guest

    Web containers poll at a given interval to detect changes. The configuration
    is implementation dependant.
    Ben_, Nov 29, 2003

  3. mhk

    mhk Guest

    Sorry, i didnt understand it. can u explain it a bit.

    Thanks

    Jeff

    mhk, Nov 29, 2003
  4. mhk

    Ben_ Guest

    When you request the JSP, the change might not be detected directly, due to
    the "polling interval" (the name might be implementation dependant, it's the
    name used in WebSphere). You might have to wait a minute, if so configured,
    for the web container to detect the change and recompile the JSP.
    Ben_, Nov 29, 2003
  5. mhk

    Ben_ Guest

    > "polling interval" (...), it's the
    > name used in WebSphere

    Or was it reload interval ? Or maybe refresh interval ? Can't recall exactly
    :). Anyway, the idea is the same: it might take you a bit of patience for
    the change to be detected. In WebSphere, it's configured in an extension to
    the standard deployment descriptor.
    Ben_, Nov 29, 2003