JSP/Servlets J2EE

German Gonzalez

Hello,

Still I'm not sure about JSP/Servlets and J2EE architecture.
I know those technologies are the "Web Tier" of J2EE and
EJB is the "Business tier".
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/Overview2.html#wp81104

but if I only use Tomcat as Application Server (to use only JSP/Servlets)
and copy the Servlet.jar to my j2se-jdk. I'm getting J2EE tech, then I'm
using J2EE!?

I would like to know if I use only JSP/Servlet is still a J2EE application
or It needs to have EJB to became a J2EE app?

Thanks in advance.

German

Sudsy

German said:
Hello,

Still I'm not sure about JSP/Servlets and J2EE architecture.
I know those technologies are the "Web Tier" of J2EE and
EJB is the "Business tier".
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/Overview2.html#wp81104

but if I only use Tomcat as Application Server (to use only JSP/Servlets)
and copy the Servlet.jar to my j2se-jdk. I'm getting J2EE tech, then I'm
using J2EE!?

I would like to know if I use only JSP/Servlet is still a J2EE application
or It needs to have EJB to became a J2EE app?

Read up on the differences between the war and ear formats. You can
run a war on either a servlet container like Tomcat or a J2EE server.
You can only run an ear on a J2EE server.

war <-> Web Application
ear <-> Enterprise Application