jsp textbox and Errorjava.lang.NullPointerException

Discussion in 'Java' started by savy, Apr 25, 2007.

  1. savy

    savy Guest

    Hello ,

    I have 3 textboxes(username,password, dept) of the jsp page and 2
    buttons(call,submit).
    Onclick of call btn Department.jsp opens and onclick of radiobutton
    the deptcode
    is displayed in dept textbox(third textbox). I have disabled dept
    textbox so that user cannot enter any value.
    In this textbox by default null is displayed.

    <TD>DEPARTMENT</td>
    <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="department" value=<%=s %> disabled >
    <input type="button" value="call" name="deptusermasteradd"
    onclick="userdept();">
    </TD>

    Onclick of submit button the values from 3 textboxes are inserted
    into database

    2 problems are arising one during inserting and other while filling
    the textboxes.

    1> when I click submit for insertion in database
    I get the following error ( related to dept textbox)

    DEPT : null Errorjava.lang.NullPointerException

    (if dept textbox property is not disabled value can be inserted into
    database)

    2> I have entered value in username and password textbox and then
    click call btn and select the appropriate radio btn and
    the dept code is displayed in third textbox, but at the same time the
    value from the other 2 textboxes vanishes.

    I have search but couldn't get the solution,Your help is required, if
    any one could send code will be helpful.
    Thanks
    Savy
    savy, Apr 25, 2007

  2. savy