jsp web application development

Discussion in 'Java' started by claydn, Dec 7, 2004.

  1. claydn

    claydn Guest

    Hi,

    I originally submitted this to another group but think this one is more
    appropriate so was wondering if anyone could help.

    Thanks
    Nick
    ---------------
    I am new to JSP development and I need to create a web application with a
    database back end (MS Access for test purposes). I have found some code
    which connects to the database, and displays the records but all the code is
    done on one jsp page.

    I would like to take it a bit further and remove this from the jsp page. So
    I have a Connect function, a Disconnect function and a RunQuery function,
    which I can call from the jsp page.

    But what is the best way to do this? Would it be in a Bean ? Does anyone
    have an sample code I could look at which shows simply how to connect to the
    database this way and run a query against it ?

    Thanks
    Nick
    claydn, Dec 7, 2004

  2. claydn

    Sudsy Guest

    claydn wrote:
    <snip>
    > I would like to take it a bit further and remove this from the jsp page. So
    > I have a Connect function, a Disconnect function and a RunQuery function,
    > which I can call from the jsp page.
    >
    > But what is the best way to do this? Would it be in a Bean ? Does anyone
    > have an sample code I could look at which shows simply how to connect to the
    > database this way and run a query against it ?

    You use tags. Fortunately, a lot of the work has already been done. Take a
    look at the sql tags, part of Sun's JSTL package:
    <http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/1.1/docs/tlddocs/index.html>

    Sudsy, Dec 7, 2004