JSP & WebSphere 6.0

oziris

Hi,

I read 2 things about "WebSphere compatible JSP code". I would like to
be sure that is true:

1. WebSphere can't perform evaluation within a taglib.
Ex:
Wrong:
<input type="hidden" name="foo" value="<%= request.getParameter("foo")
%>" />
Right:
<%
String fooParam = request.getParameter("foo");
%>
<input type="hidden" name="foo" value="<%= fooParam %>" />

2. The WebSphere JSP Compiler doesn't accept single-quote (double-quote
must be used).

Thanks a lot for helping me.

-o / France

Manish Pandit

I've never used Websphere, but I can safely say that it can perform
evaluation within a tag (not taglib as you mentioned), and it can work
with single quotes. The reason behind my confidence is the servlet and
JSP API compliance that Websphere has. If it works in Tomcat, unless
you're doing something internal to websphere, it has to work on IBM/BEA
or for that matter any certified app server.

<input type='hidden' name='foo'
value='<%=request.getParameter("foo")%>' /> will work - there is
scriptlet in the argument, and I've used single quotes. If it doesnt,
please do post a message, as I'd find it very alarming.

-cheers,
Manish