jsp

savy

Hello ,

I have 3 textboxes(username,password, dept) of the jsp page and 2
buttons(call,submit).
Onclick of call btn Department.jsp opens and onclick of radiobutton
the deptcode
is displayed in dept textbox(third textbox). I have disabled dept
textbox so that user cannot enter any value.
In this textbox by default null is displayed.

<TD>DEPARTMENT</td>
<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="department" value=<%=s %> disabled >
<input type="button" value="call" name="deptusermasteradd"
onclick="userdept();">
</TD>

Onclick of submit button the values from 3 textboxes are inserted
into database

2 problems are arising one during inserting and other while filling
the textboxes.

1> when I click submit for insertion in database
I get the following error ( related to dept textbox)

DEPT : null Errorjava.lang.NullPointerException

(if dept textbox property is not disabled value can be inserted into
database)

2> I have entered value in username and password textbox and then
click call btn and select the appropriate radio btn and
the dept code is displayed in third textbox, but at the same time the
value from the other 2 textboxes vanishes.

I have search but couldn't get the solution,Your help is required, if
any one could send code will be helpful.
Thanks
Savy

Roy Epperson

Why, they have a homework assignment do do and he can't be bother to
learn it themselves <grin>

David Harper

Lew said:
And multiposted both message to comp.lang.java.databases!

C'mon, "savy" or "savita", a little netiquette, please.

Perhaps someone should propose a new newsgroup for people like Savita
and his/her annoying friends.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

comp.lang.java.homework

Then the rest of us can killfile it.