JSPs compilation

MERIGON Olivier

Hi,

We have an ear that we deploy on a JOnAS server.
When we browse the JSPs deployed from this archive for the first time we
have to wait the corressponding servlet to be compiled. After a while it is
becomming quite boring.
Does anybody know how to pre-compile the JSPs ?
When, after deployment ? Before ?

Any help would be appreciate...

Thanks,

Olivier

Wendy S

visionset said:
there is a <load on start up> tag you put in your web.xml
all JSP's with the corresponding urls will be compiled when the servlet
container is started.

I didn't know this, thanks for pointing it out. But it looks like you'd
have to list the JSP's individually in web.xml to get this behavior. Is
that true?

From Servlet 2.4 specification:
SRV.13.4 Deployment Descriptor Diagram
10. servlet Element
The servlet is used to declare a servlet. It contains the declarative data
of a servlet.
The jsp-file element contains the full path to a JSP file within the web
application beginning with a "/". If a jsp-file is specified and the
load-onstartup
element is present, then the JSP should be precompiled and loaded.

visionset