    and then allow the server to read the jsp from jar file ?

    Thanks,
    Mansoor

    Max, Nov 10, 2006

  2. Max wrote:
    > Is there any way to put all of the jsps in a jar file for deployment
    > and then allow the server to read the jsp from jar file ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mansoor

    You can package your application as a war, and the server will read the
    JSPs from the war file. From a binary standpoint, a war is similar to a
    jar, except that it has a different structure and layout to support
    webapps.

    -cheers,
    Manish

    Manish Pandit, Nov 10, 2006

  3. I'd say no.

    But would I would say, is you could pre-compile you JSP files, and the
    files would be compiled within the war file.

    What's your motivation for doing this?

    -Cameron McKenzie

    Free Java Certification Mock Exams: www.scja.com
    Free Java and J2EE Tutorials: www.mcnz.com