jstack 1.5.0_07 not working on FC4

Discussion in 'Java' started by js, Aug 11, 2006.

  1. js

    js Guest

    JVM: 1.5.0_07
    kernel: 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp
    glibc: 2.3.6-3

    Found filed , but closed, bug report at Sun:

    Strack trace:

    sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.DebuggerException: sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.DebuggerException: get_thread_regs failed for a lwp
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.linux.LinuxDebuggerLocal$LinuxDebuggerLocalWorkerThread.execute(LinuxDebuggerLocal.java:134)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.linux.LinuxDebuggerLocal.getThreadIntegerRegisterSet(LinuxDebuggerLocal.java:437)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.linux.LinuxThread.getContext(LinuxThread.java:48)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.linux_x86.LinuxX86JavaThreadPDAccess.getCurrentFrameGuess(LinuxX86JavaThreadPDAccess.java:75)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.JavaThread.getCurrentFrameGuess(JavaThread.java:252)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.JavaThread.getLastJavaVFrameDbg(JavaThread.java:211)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.PStack.initJFrameCache(PStack.java:167)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.PStack.run(PStack.java:37)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.JStack.run(JStack.java:41)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool.start(Tool.java:204)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.JStack.main(JStack.java:58)
    Caused by: sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.DebuggerException: get_thread_regs failed for a lwp
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.linux.LinuxDebuggerLocal.getThreadIntegerRegisterSet0(Native Method)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.linux.LinuxDebuggerLocal.access$800(LinuxDebuggerLocal.java:34)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.linux.LinuxDebuggerLocal$1GetThreadIntegerRegisterSetTask.doit(LinuxDebuggerLocal.java:431)
    at sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.linux.LinuxDebuggerLocal$LinuxDebuggerLocalWorkerThread.run(LinuxDebuggerLocal.java:109)

    What is strange is that this has not worked before. So last night, I upgrading my kernel and glibc,
    rebooted, tried jstack again, and it worked. Now came back this morning, tried it again,
    and it is not working anymore again.

    js, Aug 11, 2006

  2. js

    js Guest

    js wrote:

    > JVM: 1.5.0_07
    > kernel: 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp
    > glibc: 2.3.6-3
    >

    > Found filed , but closed, bug report at Sun:
    > http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6359295
    >
    > Strack trace:
    >
    > sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.DebuggerException:
    > sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.DebuggerException: get_thread_regs failed for a
    > lwp
    > at

    sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.linux.LinuxDebuggerLocal$LinuxDebuggerLocalWorkerThread.execute(LinuxDebuggerLocal.java:134)

    Ahh ... Might be fixed in 1.5.0_08:

    https://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/ReleaseNotes.html#150_08

    js, Aug 11, 2006

  3. js

    js Guest

    js wrote:

    > js wrote:
    >

    >> JVM: 1.5.0_07
    >> kernel: 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp
    >> glibc: 2.3.6-3
    >>

    >> Found filed , but closed, bug report at Sun:
    >> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6359295
    >>
    >> Strack trace:
    >>
    >> sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.DebuggerException:
    >> sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.DebuggerException: get_thread_regs failed for a
    >> lwp
    >> at

    sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.linux.LinuxDebuggerLocal$LinuxDebuggerLocalWorkerThread.execute(LinuxDebuggerLocal.java:134)

    > Ahh ... Might be fixed in 1.5.0_08:
    >
    > https://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/ReleaseNotes.html#150_08

    Well .. still having the same problem with 1.5.0_08, but at least the Java
    process that was being attached to is no longer hanging when jstack
    attaches to it.

    js, Aug 11, 2006