JSTL SQL tags and Javascript

Brent Eamer

How do I assign a form field to a value parameter of the sql tag?

Ie) I want a query that will search for an item in the database based on the
value of a hidden form field

All the examples I have seen thus far find static values

Here is an example of the oracle tags (but I will switch to jstl in the
future) this example for for illustrative purposes

<sql:dbSetParam name = "test_hidden"
value="<script>document.ttt.test_hidden.value</script>"/>
<sql:dbQuery connId="con1" output="jdbc" queryId="kit_type_query"
bindparams="test_hidden">
select kit_type from kit_inventory where kit_brand=?
</sql:dbquery>

I know the JSTL tags are a bit different than the Oracle tags, but what my
question really is :
"How do I shoehorn a html form field into a param value in a tag?"

Thanks