JTable and sorting

RollNick

i've got a problem with sorting JTable. Has anybody a solve of that problem,
(actually source code ) :)?

Steve W. Jackson

RollNick said:
:i've got a problem with sorting JTable. Has anybody a solve of that problem,
:(actually source code ) :)?
:
:

<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/table.html>

That goes to the tutorial page on JTable. One of the things it includes
is a disussion of sorting your data. I was able to learn from that what
I needed to devise a more complex table than the one included in the
tutorial, and adapted its sorting discussion to my own app as well.

= Steve =

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

RollNick said:
i've got a problem with sorting JTable. Has anybody a solve of that problem,
(actually source code ) :)?

What *actual* problem do you have?

Tim Ward

RollNick said:
i've got a problem with sorting JTable. Has anybody a solve of that problem,
(actually source code ) :)?

The version in the tutorial doesn't work (wrt selection) (the architecture
in fact can't work no matter what you do with the code so there can be no
solution). All the other free versions I could find didn't work either for
one reason or another.

So I wrote one that did work. But I'm afraid I can't post it because it
belongs to my client.

Tim Ward

Christian Kaufhold said:

At a quick glance that appears to make my point for me - it can't be done
within the architecture of the tutorial example, the code you point to has
to break out of this architecture and override JTable itself, which is also
how I did it (although rather more transparently for the user than I think
is the case with the code you point to).