JTable Headers and Windows Vista

Jason Cavett

I just recently moved my Java application from Windows XP to Windows
Vista. I'm using JRE 6.0, so things went relatively smoothly.
However, I noticed that the headers of my JTables are extremely tall
(height) in Windows Vista (under Aero). Does anybody know a fix for
this or why this is happening? It's pretty ugly looking.

Thanks

Jason Cavett

     FWIW, my JTables' headers seem about the same size with
Java 1.6.0_05-b13 on Solaris, XP, and Vaster.  So whatever's
happening to yours doesn't appear to be a "generic" tables
problem.  Can you post a short program that demonstrates
the issue?

Thanks for the response.
There's nothing special that I do to create this problem. Basically,
I just create a JTable and it looks okay in XP, but crummy in Vista.

FWIW, I create a JTable, give it a DefaultTableModel and then display
the table. I don't set any sizes other than preferred column width.
I don't do anything fancy. I don't currently have a piece of code
that I can provide - I'll see if I can put something together.

David A. Redick

There was nothing that I could find.

myJTablw.getTableHeader().setSize(width, height);

I think this very odd. I was excepting some sort LayoutManager for
JTable.
They have one for just about every other class, why not JTable?