JTable/Model/JTextField focus problem

blue

Hello All (I posted this in the java.gui group also, but that group doesn't
seem to be used much more than a couple times per day),

I have a JTable with a DefaultTabelModel. I have applied my own focus
listener (lost/gained) to a JTextField which I am using as the cell editor.

My problem is this: If I use the mouse to actually click into a cell, the
focus gained even will fire for my textfield and tabbing off the field will
fire the focus lost event. However, if I tab between cells without using
the mouse, the focus gained and focus lost event do not fire.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Frank

Babu Kalakrishnan

blue said:
Hello All (I posted this in the java.gui group also, but that group doesn't
seem to be used much more than a couple times per day),

A more focussed newsgroup which has less traffic is where you are more
likely to get a response, simply because it is not among 100 other
questions dealing with various other aspects of the language.

Also, in case you think the problem is likely to be relevant to more
than one newsgroup, always cross-post the message (specify the multiple
newsgroups on the "Newsgroups:" line separated with commas) rather than
posting separate copies of the same to the groups(multi-post), so that
other users can see whether the query has been already answered or not,
and need not waste their valuable time if it has already been.

BK