    Thank you!

    Best regards,
    pepe
    pepe, Nov 26, 2009

  2. pepe schrieb:
    > is there any python package which potentially can support JTAG (BDM or
    > others) debugging interface for embedded system development?
    > Is there any other packages supporting debugging, monitoring, data
    > logging, flash programming of embedded systems?

    Don't know about JTAG, but I've successfully used a TBDML interface from
    Python to control S12 microcontrollers via BDM.
    Basically, any BDM or JTAG interface should have a DLL as driver which
    you can import using ctypes.
    Dietmar Schwertberger, Nov 26, 2009

  3. Dietmar Schwertberger schrieb:
    > pepe schrieb:
    >> is there any python package which potentially can support JTAG (BDM or
    >> others) debugging interface for embedded system development?
    >> Is there any other packages supporting debugging, monitoring, data
    >> logging, flash programming of embedded systems?

    > Don't know about JTAG, but I've successfully used a TBDML interface from
    > Python to control S12 microcontrollers via BDM.
    > Basically, any BDM or JTAG interface should have a DLL as driver which
    > you can import using ctypes.

    Sorry, hit the wrong button...

    Low level usage via ctypes looked like this:

    import ctypes
    tbdml = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("tbdml.dll")

    # connect
    tbdml.tbdml_init() # returns number of devices
    tbdml.tbdml_open(0)
    tbdml.tbdml_target_sync() # returns 0 on success

    # play with micro ports
    tbdml.tbdml_write_byte(0x0,2) # set port
    tbdml.tbdml_read_byte(0x0) # read back

    With a small wrapper around, usage looked like this:

    import TBDML
    t = TBDML.TBDML(device_no=0);t.target_sync();t.target_reset(0)
    t[0x00] = 2
    print t[0x00]

    If that's what you need, contact me.

    Regards,

    Dietmar
    Dietmar Schwertberger, Nov 26, 2009
  4. On 2009-11-26, pepe <> wrote:

    > is there any python package which potentially can support JTAG
    > (BDM or others) debugging interface for embedded system
    > development?

    Yes.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=python jtag
    http://www.google.com/search?q=python jtag msp430
    Grant Edwards, Nov 26, 2009
  5. pepe

    pepe Guest

    On Nov 26, 5:56 pm, Grant Edwards <> wrote:
    > On 2009-11-26, pepe <> wrote:
    >
    > > is there any python package which potentially can support JTAG
    > > (BDM or others) debugging interface for embedded system
    > > development?

    > Yes.
    >
    > > Is there any other packages supporting debugging, monitoring,
    > > data logging, flash programming of embedded systems?

    > Yes.
    >
    > > I am not looking for python implementation within embedded
    > > system. I am looking for any python support (package) for
    > > development of embedded systems via PC.

    > http://www.google.com/search?q=python jtaghttp://www.google.com/search?q=python jtag msp430

    I looked at this - I did some google search and it seems to me a dead
    project (PyET)?
    I thought that some of you is aware of embedded system development
    with help of python.

    It would be nice to have not just JTAG, BDM support and even data
    logging, recording, display and post processing - similar to features
    of http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FREEMASTER.
    Unfortunately it is proprietary tool.

    Regards,
    Pepe
    pepe, Nov 26, 2009
  6. pepe

    pepe Guest

    On Nov 26, 4:32 pm, Dietmar Schwertberger <>
    wrote:
    > Dietmar Schwertberger schrieb:> pepe schrieb:
    > >> is there any python package which potentially can support JTAG (BDM or
    > >> others) debugging interface for embedded system development?
    > >> Is there any other packages supporting debugging, monitoring, data
    > >> logging, flash programming of embedded systems?

    > > Don't know about JTAG, but I've successfully used a TBDML interface from
    > > Python to control S12 microcontrollers via BDM.
    > > Basically, any BDM or JTAG interface should have a DLL as driver which
    > > you can import using ctypes.

    > Sorry, hit the wrong button...
    >
    > Low level usage via ctypes looked like this:
    >
    > import ctypes
    > tbdml = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("tbdml.dll")
    >
    > # connect
    > tbdml.tbdml_init() # returns number of devices
    > tbdml.tbdml_open(0)
    > tbdml.tbdml_target_sync() # returns 0 on success
    >
    > # play with micro ports
    > tbdml.tbdml_write_byte(0x0,2) # set port
    > tbdml.tbdml_read_byte(0x0) # read back
    >
    > With a small wrapper around, usage looked like this:
    >
    > import TBDML
    > t = TBDML.TBDML(device_no=0);t.target_sync();t.target_reset(0)
    > t[0x00] = 2
    > print t[0x00]
    >
    > If that's what you need, contact me.
    >
    > Regards,