JTAPI vs XTAPI

Discussion in 'Java' started by Luke Webber, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Luke Webber

    Luke Webber Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone have any experience with these? Are there advantages of
    > one over the other? Which has the smaller learning curve? JTAPI
    > seems like the better solution because it is endorsed by Sun, but that
    > doesn't necessarily make it a better product. What do you guys think?
    > Any suggestions?

    JTAPI is just a standard for creating Java TAPI software. XTAPI is one (of
    very few) JTAPI implementations. So your question really doesn't make sense.

    I haven't used XTAPI myself, but it looks like that's the way you should go.

    Luke

    Dan, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Luke Webber

    Dan Guest

    Well, I think I should be a bit more precise as to what I need these
    API's to do. The problem is that I was asked to set up an automated
    interactive phone system. It needs to be able to 'read' predefined
    messages and accept user input. I have been looking over tutorials
    for JTAPI, but haven't found anything yet that would lead me to
    believe that it could perform these tasks. I haven't tried going over
    the JavaDoc's yet, but of the tutorials I have looked over, it seems
    to be more of a point to point connection API. I find it hard to
    believe that it is so limited, but you never know.

    Has anyone tried developing anything like this before? I guess the
    most ideal way would to be able to play AVI's or MP3's to the listener
    then wait for a touch tone response. Another question is what other
    API's will I need to use in order to acheive this functionality?

    Thanks again
    Dan

    Dan, Oct 23, 2003