JTAPI

SMMT

Hi,

I'm trying to figure this out... googling for it didn't helped much so...
I'm trying to develop a application to control phone calls. For now I need 3
things
1) dial a number from the computer. I'm thinking a line connected to the
modem.
2) comunicate with the other end using the computer . I'm thinking a
voicemodem and a computer with phones and mic... OR using a normal phone ,
the point beeing that either way the computer dials the number and
3) control the duration of the call, or the start time + end time.

I supose I can use JTAPI for this (Java Telephony API) but I read is only a
brunch of Interfaces that need implementation. I know nothing of modens and
stuf...

Any direction on this subject will be very much apreciated.

Thanks,

Sérgio Taborda

Liz

SMMT said:
[...]

When I ordered my Laptop there were two interfaces I could get.
One was just a simple connection for use with a modem. The other
included the stuff to make it work with the PC doing the work.

SMMT

When I ordered my Laptop there were two interfaces I could get.
One was just a simple connection for use with a modem. The other
included the stuff to make it work with the PC doing the work.

Thank you for your reply but, I didn't understand what that has to do with
my question. I was not talking about hardware but who to use JTAPI to
interact with the hardware. For now a voicemodem.