JTAPI

Discussion in 'Java' started by SMMT, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. SMMT

    SMMT Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to figure this out... googling for it didn't helped much so...
    I'm trying to develop a application to control phone calls. For now I need 3
    things
    1) dial a number from the computer. I'm thinking a line connected to the
    modem.
    2) comunicate with the other end using the computer . I'm thinking a
    voicemodem and a computer with phones and mic... OR using a normal phone ,
    the point beeing that either way the computer dials the number and
    3) control the duration of the call, or the start time + end time.

    I supose I can use JTAPI for this (Java Telephony API) but I read is only a
    brunch of Interfaces that need implementation. I know nothing of modens and
    stuf...

    Any direction on this subject will be very much apreciated.

    Thanks,

    Sérgio Taborda
    SMMT, Jun 16, 2004

  2. SMMT

    Liz Guest

    "SMMT" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to figure this out... googling for it didn't helped much so...
    > I'm trying to develop a application to control phone calls. For now I need

    3
    > things
    > 1) dial a number from the computer. I'm thinking a line connected to the
    > modem.
    > 2) comunicate with the other end using the computer . I'm thinking a
    > voicemodem and a computer with phones and mic... OR using a normal phone ,
    > the point beeing that either way the computer dials the number and
    > 3) control the duration of the call, or the start time + end time.
    >
    > I supose I can use JTAPI for this (Java Telephony API) but I read is only

    > brunch of Interfaces that need implementation. I know nothing of modens

    and
    > stuf...
    >
    > Any direction on this subject will be very much apreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Sérgio Taborda

    When I ordered my Laptop there were two interfaces I could get.
    One was just a simple connection for use with a modem. The other
    included the stuff to make it work with the PC doing the work.
    Liz, Jun 16, 2004

  3. SMMT

    SMMT Guest

    "Liz" wrote

    > When I ordered my Laptop there were two interfaces I could get.
    > One was just a simple connection for use with a modem. The other
    > included the stuff to make it work with the PC doing the work.

    Thank you for your reply but, I didn't understand what that has to do with
    my question. I was not talking about hardware but who to use JTAPI to
    interact with the hardware. For now a voicemodem.
    SMMT, Jun 20, 2004