JTextField Unicode Mysql

Badshah

Hello Friends, How are you ? I am Sohil. I am here with a problem

I am creating a text editor that will store data in mySql database. I
want to get the data in text field. I am having "♥" character in
database.

Select * from bank_master;
+---------+-----------+
| Bank_Id | Bank_Name |
+---------+-----------+
| 3 | ♥ |
+---------+-----------+

I am not able to display this character in textbox. The text box is
showing a rectangle  instead of that character.

textfield.setText(rs.getString("Bank_Name"));

But, when I am retriving the character from text box and display it on
the command prompt console it shows right character ie. "♥"

System.out.println(textfield.getText());

I am not able to get the problem here.

Sohil Surti

Andrew Thompson

Hello Friends, How are you ?

Inundated with multi-posters coming out of
Google Groups, is how I am (i.e. annoyed).

In future, please x-post, rather than multi-post.

(X-post to c.l.j.p./g./h., w/ f-u to c.l.j.h. only)

Andrew T.

Badshah

Hello Friend, I am sorry . But please explain in detail what you mean
to say ? I am not able to understand. What is x-post & multi-postl.
Please reply.

Andrew Thompson

RedGrittyBrick

Badshah said:
Hello Friend, I am sorry .

Hello Badash, you might like to find out about top-posting too ...

In newsgroups like this, it is accepted practice to put your reply BELOW
the quoted text that you are replying too. Interleave replies so that
the conversation can be read from top to bottom.

But please explain in detail what you mean
to say ? I am not able to understand. What is x-post & multi-postl.
Please reply.

multi-posting is when you separately post several copies message to more
than one newsgroup. People waste time answering your question because
they don't know that someone in another newsgroup has already answered
it. Other people with the same problem may not see an answer in another
newsgroup they dont subscribe to. People who subscribe to several
newsgroups get tired of reading the same message many times in different
newsgroups. In short, multi-posting annoys many of the people you want
to help you.

cross-posting is when you post a single message to several newsgroups.
<http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html>

In general, it is best to post to one newsgroup.

As for your original question, you need to make sure you are using a
font which includes a glyph for the character you want to display. How
you do this depends on whether you are using Swing, JSP or something
else (you didn't say). My random guess is that you need to specify a
suitable web-safe font in your CSS stylesheet.

Lew

Badshah wrote [Note the top-posting and run-together of responses, rendering
the message nearly unreadable]:
Thanx for the reply RedGrittyBrick.Ok i will check for the font.

Apparently you missed the point that both Andrew and RedGrittyBrick made about
top posting. You quoted it, but did you follow it? Did you read the links?
Did you think about their advice?

Andrew said:
..and while you are at that research, also check out..
<http://www.google.com/search?q=top-post+usenet>
(and refrain from doing that in future, as well).

Yet another link. Have you tried these links that people helpfully have
offered? What is your opinion of the matter?

- Lew

Badshah

Instead of answering my original question , why do you go in such
discussions. I dont understand. If you dont know the answer then its
ok. Its ok that I have done some mistakes but with suggestion please
try to answer my question also.
I am working in Swing.

Thanx.

Andrew Thompson

Instead of answering my original question , why do you go in such
discussions. I dont understand.

Please try to understand.
- If your post is hard to read, fewer people will
read or understand it.
- These are *dicsussion* *forums* where people
talk about Java, not *help* *desks* where people
'fix your code'.
...If you dont know the answer then its
ok.

Of course it is. That does not mean it is OK
for you to make a single post to a number of
groups, then ignore the advice you are given
about not doing that, while also confusing people
with the habit of putting replies in 'reverse'*.
..Its ok that I have done some mistakes but with suggestion please
try to answer my question also.

Sure, as soon as you show any sign of listenning
to the suggestions already offered. Most people
here will not help until you show some signs of
joining our discussion group, as opposed to simply
coming here to 'get yous codes fixed'.

* Note that your latest post was not 'top-posted' in
the sense that the entire previous conversation was
trimmed.

To be direct, do you now understand what is meant
by multi-posting? Top-posting?

Andrew T.

Badshah

- If your post is hard to read, fewer people will
read or understand it.
- These are *dicsussion* *forums* where people
talk about Java, not *help* *desks* where people
'fix your code'.

for you to make a single post to a number of
groups, then ignore the advice you are given
about not doing that, while also confusing people
with the habit of putting replies in 'reverse'*.

to the suggestions already offered. Most people
here will not help until you show some signs of
joining our discussion group, as opposed to simply
coming here to 'get yous codes fixed'.

* Note that your latest post was not 'top-posted' in
the sense that the entire previous conversation was
trimmed.

To be direct, do you now understand what is meant
by multi-posting? Top-posting?

Andrew T.

Is it ok ?

Badshah

To be direct, do you now understand what is meant
by multi-posting? Top-posting?

Andrew T.

I have to write here. Is it right ? And for your answer I dont want
the answer.
The internet is made to make the things easier not tougher & not to
waste time.

Thanx.

Andrew Thompson

And the answere to these qestions are what?
Please break into that, and put one answer
for each question.*
I have to write here. Is it right ?

You do not 'have to write here', given there are
a variety of ways to resolve the technical problem
(including employing the services of a help-desk, or
consultant).

As far as seeking technical help on public
forums, you seem to be posting to a group
for technically savy programmers, whereas it
seems you are new to Java. A better group might be..
comp.lang.java.help

(* Note how I am participating in *your* discussion
by answering your question - I get a little frustrated
when you in turn - ignore *my* questions)
...And for your answer I dont want
the answer.
The internet ..

This is *not* the internet. It is a usenet newsgroup.
Usenet newsgroups predate the internet.
...is made to make the things easier

Usenet newsgroups were devised to allow
people to disscuss (argue, joke, help) on
topics of mutual interest to the people who
read and post to that group.
...not tougher & not to waste time.

So stop wasting *ours*. You seem to be
discussing this entirely from your own
perspective. Have you even considered this
from the point of view of the three people who
have so far participated in this discussion?

And as an aside. RGB gave you a tip on the
correct technical path to follow, so it seems you
are making posts to this group ..complaining(?)
of your treatment here, when you could be
researching the solution to your technical
problem, or asking for whatever further details
you might need to get it working.

So my suggestion is - stop wasting *your*
time bleating how you are so hard up -
work the *problem*.

Andrew T.

Andrew Thompson

Please break into that, and put one answer
for each question.*
You do not 'have to write here', ..
(big trim..)

My deepest apologies. Most of my reply was
driven by a deep misunderstanding of what
you wrote, and frustration based on my
alternate (wrong) understanding.

I realise now, that you *were* answering the
*second* of the questions I asked. Silly me!

In reply, *yes*. Putting replies *below* the text it
refers to, is known as 'bottom-posting'. That (along
with the fine art of trimming) is the better way to go
about getting help.

Note that I am still not entirely convinced that you
understand what *multi-posting* is, or whether you
would make similar multi-posts in future.
(That is far more problematic than top-posting)

Andrew T.

Badshah

Note that I am still not entirely convinced that you
understand what *multi-posting* is, or whether you
would make similar multi-posts in future.

No I got what is multiposting. I will try not to post same question in
different groups.

Andrew Thompson

I will try not to post same question in
different groups.

Thank you.

How are you going with the technical problem?

Last I heard, RedGrittyBrick had given some
tips on encodings(?).

Andrew T.

Lew

Badshah said:
No I got what is multiposting. I will try not to post same question
in different groups.

FYI, it is OK to post in more than one group simultaneously (but not too many)
if you cross-post instead of multi-post.

- Lew