Jumping in a frame not working inside a table

compassSoftware

Hi,

I have a script that allows me to highlight a row of text.

This text is in a table.

The table is long and scrolls down the page below the visiable canvas.

What I need is a method to jump to the highlighted row.

I am able to jump to my anchor as long as the anchor isn't located
within the table (ie I can jump to the bottom of the table if I put the
anchor just below the table). However as soon as I place it within the
table...no luck.

Here is the code I am using to jump;
eval ("document.location='#row" + n + "'");

Can someone explain how I can reference the table in my jump method?

Or is there something else I can do?

Thanks

Randy Webb

Hi,

I have a script that allows me to highlight a row of text.

This text is in a table.

The table is long and scrolls down the page below the visiable canvas.

What I need is a method to jump to the highlighted row.

I am able to jump to my anchor as long as the anchor isn't located
within the table (ie I can jump to the bottom of the table if I put the
anchor just below the table). However as soon as I place it within the
table...no luck.

Here is the code I am using to jump;
eval ("document.location='#row" + n + "'");

No need for eval:

document.location = "#row" + n;

http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_40
Can someone explain how I can reference the table in my jump method?

That depends on how your page is coded.
Or is there something else I can do?

look into scrollTo and scrollIntoView