    does not exist". Does anyone has any idea why this error.

    Thanks.
    , Nov 3, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > WHen i try to run junit from eclipse it gives me an error, "Test type
    > does not exist". Does anyone has any idea why this error.

    Did you create Junit tests beforehand? If not, here is how you create
    test cases with eclipse:

    Right click the source, click new and then JUnit Test Case. That will
    prompt you to set up package, folder and the name of the Test Case
    Class. After that, you can pick all the methods you want to be included
    in the test case. It will then create test case as java code. You will
    need to add your own code inside the stubbed out testXXX() methods that
    it generates. You can right click the test case code and select Run as
    -> JUnit Test.

    You are probably missing one of these steps, leading to that error.

    -cheers,
    Manish
    Manish Pandit, Nov 3, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > WHen i try to run junit from eclipse it gives me an error, "Test type
    > does not exist". Does anyone has any idea why this error.

    Are you using JUnit 3 or 4 in Eclipse ?

    Many people have had problems with 4 - 3 works as it always have.

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Nov 3, 2006

    Manish Pandit wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > WHen i try to run junit from eclipse it gives me an error, "Test type
    > > does not exist". Does anyone has any idea why this error.

    > Did you create Junit tests beforehand? If not, here is how you create
    > test cases with eclipse:
    >
    > Right click the source, click new and then JUnit Test Case. That will
    > prompt you to set up package, folder and the name of the Test Case
    > Class. After that, you can pick all the methods you want to be included
    > in the test case. It will then create test case as java code. You will
    > need to add your own code inside the stubbed out testXXX() methods that
    > it generates. You can right click the test case code and select Run as
    > -> JUnit Test.
    >
    > You are probably missing one of these steps, leading to that error.
    >
    > -cheers,
    > Manish

    Hi
    Even i am getting the same error JUNIT test type not found as per the
    TEst Case is concerned it is perfect as the same test case is running
    in other machines
    Please do u have any other suggestions

    Regards,
    Reshma