JUnit java.lang.VerifyError

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tobi, Oct 7, 2008.

  1. Tobi

    Tobi Guest

    Hi-

    I'm trying to run one test with JUnit, but am getting an "Illegal
    constant pool" index error. The test and the source code are being
    compiled by Cruise Control which uses using jdk1.5.0_16.

    Googling around, I couldn't find a great deal about the problem. I
    found this website:

    http://www.jpox.org/servlet/jira/browse/ENHANCER-43

    which suggested that the problem may reside with a version of bcel.jar-
    and suggested that removing the static variable from the source file
    (ie, making it an instance variable) could solve the problem, but
    unfortunately didn't. I also tried running the entire test suite with
    ANT (every test failed with a similar error above) versus just trying
    one test from the command line.

    D:\Project_Builds\builds\NCAP20\webapp\WEB-INF\classes>java
    junit.textui.TestRun
    ner test.junit.core.FolderTest
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: test/junit/
    core/Folder
    Test, method: <init> signature: ()V) Illegal constant pool index
    at
    junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.loadSuiteClass(BaseTestRunner.java:208)
    at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getTest(BaseTestRunner.java:
    101)
    at junit.textui.TestRunner.start(TestRunner.java:179)
    at junit.textui.TestRunner.main(TestRunner.java:138)

    I haven't been able to find a lot of resources about this issue, and
    am wondering if anyone had experienced something similar or had any
    thoughts.

    Thanks
    Tobi, Oct 7, 2008