Junk after document element

Dave19

Hi everybody,

Well I have a svg file as shown below:

<svg width='500' height='550' viewbox='40 40 500 550'
xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2000/svg'>
<image x='40' y='40' width='500' height='550' xlink:href='MapPic.jpg'
xmlns:xlink='http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink ' />
</svg>

Afterwards, I have a vb file which will do the following work:

It will create an xml doc and load the above svg file again..
Then I will append the doc by creating an element such as path and add
its attributes.
as shown below:

xmlShowPath = xmldoc.CreateElement("path")
AddAttribute(xmldoc, xmlShowPath, "d=M", getM)
AddAttribute(xmldoc, xmlShowPath, "L", getL)
AddAttribute(xmldoc, xmlShowPath, "fill", color)
AddAttribute(xmldoc, xmlShowPath, "Stroke", getColor)
AddAttribute(xmldoc, xmlShowPath, "Stroke-width", 7)

xmldoc.DocumentElement.AppendChild(xmlShowPath)

After running the application, i got the subject at line 4 column 0

Can anyone see what's causing this error?

My thnks in advance

Rgds,

David