Junk after document element

Discussion in 'XML' started by Dave19, Feb 8, 2006.

  1. Dave19

    Dave19 Guest

    Hi everybody,

    Well I have a svg file as shown below:

    <svg width='500' height='550' viewbox='40 40 500 550'
    xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2000/svg'>
    <image x='40' y='40' width='500' height='550' xlink:href='MapPic.jpg'
    xmlns:xlink='http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink ' />
    </svg>

    Afterwards, I have a vb file which will do the following work:

    It will create an xml doc and load the above svg file again..
    Then I will append the doc by creating an element such as path and add
    its attributes.
    as shown below:

    xmlShowPath = xmldoc.CreateElement("path")
    AddAttribute(xmldoc, xmlShowPath, "d=M", getM)
    AddAttribute(xmldoc, xmlShowPath, "L", getL)
    AddAttribute(xmldoc, xmlShowPath, "fill", color)
    AddAttribute(xmldoc, xmlShowPath, "Stroke", getColor)
    AddAttribute(xmldoc, xmlShowPath, "Stroke-width", 7)

    xmldoc.DocumentElement.AppendChild(xmlShowPath)

    After running the application, i got the subject at line 4 column 0

    Can anyone see what's causing this error?

    My thnks in advance

    Rgds,

    David
    Dave19, Feb 8, 2006