    regular C++ programs (Visual C++ 6) in Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET
    platform. For example, will any code I write in VC++6 run in .NET
    without alteration. Thanks.

    pat, Feb 19, 2006

  2. pat

    benben Guest

    pat wrote:
    > As a new C++ programmer can someone tell me if it is possible to write
    > regular C++ programs (Visual C++ 6) in Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET
    > platform. For example, will any code I write in VC++6 run in .NET
    > without alteration. Thanks.

    0. It is better if you post this question to a microsoft group.

    1. What do you mean by "regular C++ programs (Visual C++ 6)"?

    2. If what you mean is standard C++ without the .net extensions then the
    answer is yes--yes with a grain of salt if you have features like
    exported template and standard code that VC++ doesn't support.

    3. VC++ 6 is not a very standard conforming compiler in the first place.
    So code compiled with VC++ 6 does not necessarily make it legal code in
    terms of the C++ standard.

    Ben

    benben, Feb 19, 2006