    understand).
    I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt

    Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.
    n00m, Mar 11, 2011

  2. n00m

    alex23 Guest

    On Mar 11, 11:58 am, n00m <> wrote:
    > http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html
    >
    > What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
    > understand).
    > I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt
    >
    > Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

    So are you a troll or just incredibly fickle? It's barely been two
    weeks since your proud proclamation that Python 2.5 was BEST PYTHON
    EVAR and that "Python 3 is a tempor. lapse of reason":

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/76ec656df2353738#
    alex23, Mar 11, 2011

  3. n00m

    MRAB Guest

    On 11/03/2011 02:05, alex23 wrote:
    > On Mar 11, 11:58 am, n00m<> wrote:
    >> http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html
    >>
    >> What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
    >> understand).
    >> I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt
    >>
    >> Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

    > So are you a troll or just incredibly fickle? It's barely been two
    > weeks since your proud proclamation that Python 2.5 was BEST PYTHON
    > EVAR and that "Python 3 is a tempor. lapse of reason":
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/76ec656df2353738#

    He's come to his senses. :)
    MRAB, Mar 11, 2011
  4. n00m

    n00m Guest

    On Mar 11, 4:05 am, alex23 <> wrote:
    > On Mar 11, 11:58 am, n00m <> wrote:
    >
    > >http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html

    > > What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
    > > understand).
    > > I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt

    > > Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

    > So are you a troll or just incredibly fickle? It's barely been two
    > weeks since your proud proclamation that Python 2.5 was BEST PYTHON
    > EVAR and that "Python 3 is a tempor. lapse of reason":
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/76e...

    The latter ("incredibly fickle").
    Moreover I'm often able to keep in mind 2 (or more) opposite ideas or
    opinions of mine.
    But I am not a troll by any means. It's out of my interests.
    n00m, Mar 11, 2011
  5. n00m

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 3/10/2011 8:58 PM, n00m wrote:
    > http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html
    >
    > What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
    > understand).
    > I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt
    >
    > Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

    I agree ;-). Now read What's New for 3.1 and 3.2 and load and use 3.2
    with numberous fixes and improvements to doc and code. 3.3 will be
    better yet.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Mar 11, 2011
  6. n00m

    n00m Guest

    On Mar 11, 7:45 am, Terry Reedy <> wrote:
    > On 3/10/2011 8:58 PM, n00m wrote:
    >
    > >http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html

    > > What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
    > > understand).
    > > I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt

    > > Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

    > I agree ;-). Now read What's New for 3.1 and 3.2 and load and use 3.2
    > with numberous fixes and improvements to doc and code. 3.3 will be
    > better yet.
    >
    > --
    > Terry Jan Reedy

    I'm still keeping opened in FF tab "What’s New In Python 3.0" :)
    5 cups of coffee. None wiser. I wonder why am I so unluckily stupid?
    n00m, Mar 11, 2011
  7. > Moreover I'm often able to keep in mind 2 (or more) opposite ideas or
    > opinions of mine.

    """
    To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness
    while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two
    opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and
    believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate
    morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was
    impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy...
    """
    Grigory Javadyan, Mar 11, 2011
  8. n00m

    n00m Guest

    On Mar 11, 8:35 am, Grigory Javadyan <>
    wrote:
    > > Moreover I'm often able to keep in mind 2 (or more) opposite ideas or
    > > opinions of mine.

    > """
    > To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness
    > while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two
    > opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and
    > believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate
    > morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was
    > impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy...
    > """

    ================
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two
    opposed
    ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to
    function.
    ================

    --- F. Scott
    Fitzgerald

    ================
    n00m, Mar 11, 2011
  9. n00m

    n00m Guest

    Fitzgerald had been an alcoholic since his college days, and became
    notorious during the 1920s for his extraordinarily heavy drinking,
    leaving him in poor health by the late 1930s. According to Zelda's
    biographer, Nancy Milford, Scott claimed that he had contracted
    tuberculosis, but Milford dismisses it as a pretext to cover his
    drinking problems. However, Fitzgerald scholar Matthew J. Bruccoli
    contends that Fitzgerald did in fact have recurring tuberculosis, and
    Nancy Milford reports that Fitzgerald biographer Arthur Mizener said
    that Scott suffered a mild attack of tuberculosis in 1919, and in 1929
    he had "what proved to be a tubercular hemorrhage". It has been said
    that the hemorrhage was caused by bleeding from esophageal varices.
    n00m, Mar 11, 2011
  10. Re: Just finished reading of "What’s New InPython 3.0"

    On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 17:58 -0800, n00m wrote:
    > http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html
    >
    > What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
    > understand).
    > I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt
    >
    > Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

    n00m: GET A BLOG.
    Westley Martínez, Mar 11, 2011
  11. Re: Just finished reading of "What’s New In Python 3.0"

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 06:30:35 -0800
    Westley Martínez <> wrote:
    [repeated posing elided]

    > n00m: GET A BLOG.

    Is it so hard to simply add him to your killfile and move on? Those of
    us who have already done so get to see his postings anyway if people
    are going to reply and repeat his trolls.

    --
    D'Arcy J.M. Cain <> | Democracy is three wolves
    D'Arcy J.M. Cain, Mar 11, 2011
  12. n00m

    Nobody Guest

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:58:50 -0800, n00m wrote:

    > http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html
    >
    > What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
    > understand).

    Some of use Python 2.x as a general-purpose Unix scripting language. For
    that purpose, Python 3.x's obsession with Unicode is a sufficient reason
    to avoid it.
    Nobody, Mar 11, 2011