    password when first installed?

    thanks,
    ari

    =?Utf-8?B?YXJp?=, Oct 28, 2005

  2. The first thing I would do, at least with a developer machine, is enable the
    SQL Browser. You can do this via the Server Network Configuration tool. You
    might also want to set up additional protocols, depending on your needs:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2004/07/23/192044.aspx
    http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2004/07/02/172229.aspx

    I had a page that had a command line way of turning on mixed mode, but
    cannot find it right now. It is similar to the MSDE methodology, so you can
    try this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325022

    There was also a registry hack to turn mixed mode on. Worst case, you can
    uninstall and install with mixed mode on (this has been available since beta
    2 of Express).
    http://www.programmingmsaccess.com/Presentations/SSEForCAUG_files/frame.htm#slide0012.htm

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 29, 2005

  3. thank you very much this helped a lot.

    =?Utf-8?B?YXJp?=, Oct 30, 2005